Zoral Labs, a leading provider of research and development to the software industry, is looking for an experienced Data Analyst/Engineer to join its development center in Kyiv.
Project description: Development and maintenance of a Strategic Data Platform (big data ETL and Analytical Data Warehouse) for a major UK-based US-owned media corporation. The platform gathers corporate data (close to real-time) from dozens of data sources and hundreds of data source feed and consolidates it in a single Analytical Data Warehouse. Analysis of data from different source systems to consolidate all in one analytical database (BigQuery).
Responsibilities: Conduct analysis of new or existing data sources and data feeds for the Strategic Data Platform, including:
- Connecting to the data sources & feeds.
- Retrieve for analysis, store (if needed) and analyze sample source data, document findings: data dictionary & structure, relationships with other data, data quality issues, data distributions etc.
- Based on the analysis results and requirements:
- Propose Analytica Data Warehouse structures (BigQuery tables and views) to store the data.
- Propose transformations for the data.
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Google Cloud Platform: BigQuery, PubSub, GCS
- Statistical Data Analysis, Data Mining
- Logical and Physical Data Modelling basics
- Understanding of Agile processes (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Ability to communicate with English speaking technical and business stakeholders to discuss requirements and design
- Java will be a plus
- Basic knowledge of shell scripting
- Experience with different SQL dialects and relation database systems (MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL), including stored procedures and triggers
- Google Cloud Platform technology stack: BigQuery, Data Studio, Dataprep, Storage
- Attractive salary and good opportunities for career and personal development
- Compensation package
- Good opportunities for career and personal development