• 10+ years of relevant experience
• Experience developing using Agile methodologies
• Experience working on large scale, complex applications
• Experience with SaaS and cloud environments (Azure, GCP)
• Experience with multi-tiered architectures, distributed systems, high-availability systems
• Expert-level knowledge of ORM using any of the following databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Cassandra, PostgreSQL
• Experience with REST API development
• Excellent teamwork and communication
• Ability to gain alignment across cross-functional boundaries
• Ability to challenge the norm and maturity to advocate for changes for the greater benefit of the business
• Proven ability to take the product through all stages of development from concept to launch at scale
• BS/MS CS or equivalent qualitative degree
• Experience building warehouse execution and/or controls systems (WES/WCS) is a plus
Our team is built on excellent working experience, open-mindedness, and togetherness. We are open to discussion, helpful and ready to share our expertise with the newcomers.
Education and Development
We encourage our employees to participate in workshops, conferences, and meetups. We organize our own, and we partly compensate the cost of external events and English courses for our employees.
We offer fully-paid sick leaves, medical insurance, gym compensation, and a weekly catch up with a therapist in our office.
We have a modern and cozy office near the city center with a free bus from Palats Ukraine metro station.
We are organizing ZoolaTalks and Developers’ Days, where are meetups for employees, where experienced engineers share their cases, solutions, and ideas. We go deeper into knowledge-sharing as it helps to build strong teams with deep expertise.
Zoolatech has grown twice in the last year, and there are a lot of opportunities for the employees’ career development. We encourage our colleagues to evolve and to grow along in line with the company.
• You’re obsessed with creating scalable applications using Java
• You take pride in the quality and thoughtfulness of your code, which is modular, flexible, well designed and documented
• Peer code reviews are your preferred way to collaborate and learn the system
• You proactively seek out and help us minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
• You stay abreast of the latest technologies and share what you learn with others
• You are not afraid of failing while experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tools
• You are fascinated by other cultures and interested building strong relationships with team members across the globe
• Act as a technical lead for complex backend services
• Work closely with Architects to address complex software/system architecture issues
• Bridge the gap between high-level architecture and the detailed solutions design input needed to deliver product
• Work closely with product management on understanding requirements and translating into technical solutions
• Jump in and solve complex technical problems and design issues
• Drive adoption of advanced cloud-based features and capabilities where it makes sense
• Providing mentoring and guidance through code reviews, design reviews, best practices
• Drive CI/CD capabilities to achieve continuous deployment
Our new client, HDS starts its delivery team at our Kyiv office and is looking for senior-level Java engineers to become a part our joint undertaking.
HDS is a grocery and general merchandise delivery service, that offers consumers a single online store experience from the world’s leading retail brands. In HDS fulfillment centers, multi-retailer orders are assembled as one lot, packaged in reusable totes and delivered via HDS vans to customers’ homes at their convenience.
HDS centers integrate intelligent vision, mobile robots and articulated robots in a way that dramatically advances supply chain capabilities while significantly reducing labor and fulfillment costs.
HDS is led by a top-tier team with an impressive track record and backed by prominent investors (see HDSGlobal.com) and industry leaders (see our recent partnerships with Ingram Micro and Toyota).