- Linux systems administration work experience 4+ years
- Advanced Linux / Unix experience
- Strong troubleshooting, research skills
- Strong knowledge of LAMP stacks, including the installation, configuration, and high load optimization
- Strong knowledge of any web-server (Apache, LiteSpeed, nginx)
- Experience in any hosting control panels (cPanel, Plesk, ISP system, etc.)
- Databases: MySQL based — middle+ knowledge, PostgreSQL — would be an advantage
- Virtualization experience (KVM, VMware, Xen)
- Basic scripting / automation (Bash, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Basic understanding of Email, DNS systems principles
- Networking. Good understanding of:
- OSI Model: TCP / IP stack (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP)
- HTTP protocol
- Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Switching (VLANs, broadcast domain)
- Be able to work as part of the team
- Have a strong will for self-development
Will definitely be a plus:
- Experience with CloudLinux OS (LVE, CageFS, PHP Selector, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- DevOps skills (CI / CD, Terraform, AWS, Gitlab, Jenkins, Bitbucket)
- Experience with containers (LXC, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with cybersecurity
- Experience with Scrum processes
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to deal with top-notch technologies and approaches in a world-leader product company with millions of customers
- Opportunity to make a difference for online privacy, freedom of speech, and net neutrality
- Decent market rate compensation depending on experience and skills
- Developed corporate culture: no micromanagement, culture based on principles of truth, trust, and transparency
- “You build it, you own it” mentality in most contexts
- Support of personal and professional development
- coverage of costs of external trainings, conferences, professional literature
- support of experienced colleagues
- in-house events and trainings
- regular knowledge sharing in teams
- English classes and speaking clubs
- Life-balance support
- truly flexible schedule, no time-tracking at all
- 25 working days of vacation
- 5 days of paid sick leave per month (if necessary) without providing a medical certificate
- generous maternity leave program
- Professionally strong environment, friendly and open atmosphere, ability to influence the product development and recognition for it
You will be involved into:
- Research and implement technical solutions to improve current Namecheap Shared & VPS Hosting Infrastructure by
- services configuration optimization (stability, performance, manageability, etc.)
- manual tasks automation
- security enhancement
- new approaches design, development, implementation
- Document research and development results to be shared with other teams
- Participate in building new Hosting Infrastructure for new products
- Be an active part of the team to improve technical and soft processes
About the company and project:
ZONE3000 is proud to represent its partnership with Namecheap (www.namecheap.com). Namecheap was founded in 2000 on the idea that all people deserve value-priced domains delivered through stellar service. Today Namecheap is a leading ICANN-accredited domain name registrar and Web Hosting company with over 12 million customers and 17 million domains under management — and we’re just getting started.
Our culture is built on the values that we live every day; the way we work, the way we collaborate with our global network of colleagues and the way we relentlessly innovate solutions that meet the emerging needs of our customers.
We are the Hosting team, and at the moment we are in the middle of creating new infrastructure for Shared Hosting as part of a huge company idea to rebuild.
We need a teammate to share our passion to build and improve hosting infrastructure, make it secure, manageable and smart.
Within the Scrum framework we use to build working processes you will be able to take your time for a task, plan your work, dig deep into it without being bothered by external alerts. We do more R&D and less operations work.
There is a team you are part of which is engaged in common business, we will support, discuss, challenge ideas.