• Hands-on development skills in Advanced Java/J2EE, EMS, SNMP, troubleshooting and debugging on Linux / Unix platforms
• Experience in Scripting language — Shell, Python
• Excellent understanding of OS / networking concepts and OpenStack cloud infrastructure
• Design and development of complex enterprise software
• All-round view of software development lifecycle: requirements, architecture, design, unit test automation, source code control and release aspects, Agile processes, etc.
• Hands-on experience working with relational and / or NoSQL databases will be added advantage
• Good to have experience in JavaFX, JavaFX CSS Stylesheets
• JSON and YAML document encoding experience will be added advantage
• Ability to mentor and guide other team members to achieve common goals
• Customer-facing skills like solution architecture, software deployment and testing in customer lab / pre-production / production environments will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of English on intermediate/upper-intermediate level
— Work on an interesting IT project
— Comfortable office in the centre of the city
— Official employment
— Competitive salary
— Medical insurance
— Flexible working hours
— Partial compensation for English classes
— Corporate and teambuilding events
— Opportunity for professional growth and career development
— Pleasant atmosphere and a friendly team
As a member of the development team you will;
• Independently put the company Agile software development process into practice as appropriate.
• Takes ownership of product subcomponents including functional specification, design & implementation
• Assist in the development of implementation schedules for owned sub components.
• Develop, maintain and extend assigned software modules within schedule constraints using the company accepted coding practices.
• Specify and perform unit testing of developed software modules
• Fix bugs in software modules as necessary.
• Assist publications department as required to document the product.
• Assist QA engineers as required to develop of test plans and isolate software faults.
• Lead a department code review.
• Work with other department software engineers to ensure successful development and delivery of product
• Report status in timely fashion as requested by Manager or project lead engineer