Zfort Group is looking for An Infrastructure Operations Engineer / Customer Support Specialist to Spryker product-team.
Shift schedule, remote work from home.
● direct user support;
● help administer our production and testing environments that reside in AWS;
● be part of the team that helps support, monitor, and administer Spryker cloud resources (public and private) for all environments that reside in AWS and/or Azure.
● Configure, test, deploy, and upgrade software for production in AWS;
● Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve software, network, process, and system failures for a globally distributed workforce;
● Control EC2 instance lifecycle and other AWS resources using Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform;
● Respond to monitoring alerts;
● Author and recommend settings for applications, operating systems, networks, and cloud services to improve performance, security, and reliability;
● Set up and manage user accounts, login restrictions and SaaS based application permissions
● Develop plans and perform routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as patch management and application hotfixes;
● Ensure security through access controls, firewalls, VPNs, and audit logging;
● Generate Vulnerability Management & Patching reports with all relevant actions and information
● Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies;
● Contribute to internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies;
● Documents problem status and resolution;
● Respond to security incidents when appropriate and gathers required information;
● Makes recommendations to improve security and participate in investigations as needed;
● Participate in the design, implementation, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions.
● Focused on customer satisfaction and attention to detail in your work;
● A strong desire to learn and contribute across a variety of technologies and disciplines;
● Love of working in a fast-moving, constantly changing team environment;
● Ability to quickly diagnose and solve problems collaboratively;
● Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role required;
● Solid working knowledge of Linux and OS/X required, Windows is a plus;
● Demonstrated experience with key cloud platforms/providers, including but not limited to Amazon Web Service, GCP and Azure;
● Ability to create scripts in Python or other modern language required;
● Proven understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, routing, and related networking protocols, technologies and security related protocols (SSH, HTTPS, IPsec, etc.);
● Experience using source control/repositories (Git, GitHub) required;
● Knowledge of workflow tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Slack, TeamCity, etc.);
● Experience in 24×7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider;
● Experience designing, managing, building, configuring, administering, operating and maintaining components of an AWS cloud platform highly preferred;
● Understanding of AWS security concepts including VPC, VPN, KMS, and IAM to protect data at-rest and in-transit via encryption highly desirable;
● Experience with HashiCorp’s Terraform is a big plus;
● Working knowledge of containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS/ECR, etc) is a plus;
● Experience with passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments a plus;
● Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude;
● Excellent communication skills.