At Zaelab, we’re passionate about helping organizations win through next generation digital technologies and experiences. We accomplish this by accelerating our customers’ B2B digital commerce. Our focus is to enable B2B organizations to transform and thrive through exceptional customer experiences, modern cloud platforms, and agile methodologies. Zaelab partners with market-leading brands, manufacturers, and technology platforms to deliver solutions for our clients and their most important customer experience initiatives.
At Zaelab, you will have the opportunity to take your skills to the next level. We provide a challenging environment and utilize modern technologies and tools to our advantage. You will be part of a tight-knit organization where your voice, ideas, and input are always valued. We’ll push you to be your best and provide new and dynamic experiences to grow personally and professionally.
Who Are You?
Zaelab is seeking the best talent across the globe. Our values are the most important driver of how we behave and build an amazing culture.
- Transparency and Candor — You care deeply about delivering the results that matter most to our clients and internal teams in a transparent and honest way. In a sea of consultants that are all too often misleading, we stand apart. Our commitment to ourselves and our customers is that we will always be Transparent and Candid. It’s vital that we always do what’s right, even if it’s an unpopular decision.
- Caring and Empathetic — You value relationships and people the most. We Care. We’re a small-but passionate group that is focused on helping organizations. But, we cherish our relationships the most. This means, we’ll do the right thing, even if it hurts our bottom line.
- Driven — you’re very Driven. It’s imperative that you’re constantly learning, taking the initiative, and making sure you handle what needs to get done to support our team and our customers.
- Working in the Grey — You are able to Work in the Grey. To us, this means you’re unafraid to take on new challenges or ambiguous ambitions. You sprint to these challenges, enthusiastically seeking to understand, and chart a path to a solution that drives value.
- Delivering Exceptional Experience — You realize experience, content, and communication can never be good enough, but must be presented in an exceptional way. This manifests in all our interactions and deliverables, such as day to day team stand-ups, customer engagements, as well as best in class B2B digital commerce experiences.
As Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading Software Engineering Managers and Leads who are building engaging customer experience for eCommerce stores around the world. You’ll be part of a team that is delivering large and complex projects to clients in different industries on several platforms. This role is pivotal in Zaelab’s aim and ability to have the most talented Engineers in the industry delivering quality digital commerce projects to meet and exceed client expectations.
In this position, you will help secure cross-department resources, manage trade-offs for delivery, keep stakeholders accountable, meet deadlines, communicate at the executive level on project status and risk, and measure team impact and needs. If you thrive in helping Engineers succeed and grow, then this is for you.
- Lead and manage multiple teams of software engineers and Engineering Managers
- Participate in recruiting process to attract world-class talent
- Manage and act as mentor and coach for Engineering Managers within the area, assist in their professional growth
- Partner with Leadership Team to solve problems, work on strategy, and architecture approaches for product development
- Participate in client stand-up
- Lead and contribute to engineering wide initiatives focusing on improving our ways of performing while scaling the business
Your Success Will Be Measured By:
- Success of the managers meeting retention, hiring, and utilization
- Creating a career path for direct reports
- Hitting target goals for projects
- Experience in managing and growing both early career and senior engineers
- Nice to have eCommerce experience
- Nice to have SAP Hybris experience
- Can rapidly earn the trust of a technically adept team through your rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity, and technical skills
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team
- Ability to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion such as design documentation and white-boarding sessions
- Kind and intellectually mature
- Experience with agile/scrum process and continuous deployment
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Troubleshoot and solve technical issues as needed
- Consistently deliver high-quality products on time
- Comfortable researching and adopting new web technologies
- Competitive Compensation
- Annual Bonus Program