Yola is looking for a Content Strategist who will plan, write and edit various content including, but not limited to help center articles, emails, internal product documentation, blog posts. Use data, research and own understanding to create a content strategy that will resonate with our target audience.
Who we are
Yola.com is a product company that creates and delivers a site-building platform to more than 13M users worldwide. Yola enables small businesses, non-profits, and everyday users to create, manage and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola’s solution offers e-commerce and marketing solutions.
Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, has offices in Kyiv and Lviv, Ukraine.
- Outstanding English writing skills. Solid understanding of writing techniques, grammar and style guides;
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and visuals;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Understanding of SEO;
- Analytical skills, ability to make data-driven decisions;
- Attention to detail, passion for great user experience;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to set and communicate deadlines, consistently meet them;
- Basic understanding of product lifecycle and software development process.
- Experience working with Zendesk Guide or other content management systems;
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS;
- Experience Testing user-focused solutions for mobile, desktop, online;
- Experience with Google analytics;
- Ability to create graphical elements for user facing documentation.
Your responsibilities will include:
(but will not be limited to)
- Plan, develop, organize and manage all company documentation in a manner that is accessible, friendly, clear and concise, and non-patronizing.
- Writing for a variety of communication channels including websites, social media posts, blogs, emails, press releases, product catalogs, brochures, etc. (as business dictates)
- Keep up to date existing documents and maintain continuity of style of content;
- Collect and analyze customer feedback about the user documentation to plan and prioritize improvements;
- Define documentation structure and navigation and maintain it with newly created articles;
- Create and implement company style guide for user facing documentation;
- Work directly with Product, Customer Support, and Engineering teams to collect information required for the preparation of documents, and develop a strong technical understanding of the topics;
- Identify appropriate knowledge management tools and roll these out to team members and customers.
What we offer
- Opportunity to significantly influence our product roadmap and strategy, and technologies;
- Challenging work in the international professional environment;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely;
- 20 paid vacation days per year;
- Paid sick leave;
- Team building events;
- Medical insurance;
- A social package, including gym membership, and English courses compensation (50%).