We’re looking for an HR Manager who will support the day-to-day needs of the incredible talent we have within Yola. You will make an immediate impact through your expertise in organizational design and talent management strategy, all while acting as a steward of Yola’s culture.
As part of our People function, your #1 goal is to design, build and execute the talent strategy that drives Yola’s success. You’ll have the opportunity to build processes almost from scratch and directly help our teams develop and scale.
We are a multinational company distributed within three continents, therefore proficient English is a must.
Who we are
Yola.com is a product company that creates and delivers a site-building platform to more than 13M users worldwide. Yola enables small businesses, non-profits, and everyday users to create, manage and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola’s solution offers e-commerce and marketing solutions.
Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, has offices in Kyiv and Lviv, Ukraine.
- We focus on quality: At Yola, we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We develop our own product so quality is the key. We have a burning desire for high code quality and architecture.
- We innovate: We encourage you to suggest changes to the process and the product and bring your own ideas to the table.
- We are fast learners who are looking for engineers who have a critical and open mindset and are not afraid to build fast, fail fast and learn from their mistakes.
- We have no red tape: You work directly with the decision-makers in the team, meaning there’s very little hierarchy.
- We work hard not because we are told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love.
- Drive planning and implementation of company-wide HR initiatives;
- Roll up your sleeves to execute a full range of HR duties from high-level strategy to implementation to problem-solving, including workforce planning, hiring, and onboarding, performance reviewing and giving feedback, 1-1s with employees, compensation, and benefits, organizational development, employee engagement, health and safety, legal compliance;
- Coordinate recruiters with hiring;
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires;
- Address employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware, and travel arrangements);
- Update and maintain office policies as necessary;
- Plan and co-manage events — in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations, and team buildings.
Skills and experience requirements
- Fluent English is a must: written and verbal;
- 2+ years of experience in HR management;
- Experience in all major areas of an HR function;
- Work experience in technology companies is a must;
- Impeccable leadership, organizational, analytical, presentation, and time management skills;
- Curious and learning mindset.
Nice to have
- Experience in managing geographically distributed remote teams (Yola is a remote-first company);
- Experience in managing fully remote teams;
- A creative mind with the ability to suggest improvements;
- Kindness and positive attitude.
What we offer
- Engaging work process with challenging tasks in the international professional environment;
- Open-minded, collaboration-friendly, invention-driven team;
- Transparent, quality-oriented working process without excessive bureaucracy;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely;
- 20 paid vacation days per year;
- Paid sick leave;
- Team building events;
- Medical insurance;
- A social package, including gym membership, and English courses compensation (50%);
- Income with reference to the rate of $.