Yola is looking for a Services Engineer
Our services engineers develop and maintain applications with RESTful APIs (primarily developed in Python Django/DRF) that participate in our service-oriented architecture. Our Scrum teams include Front-end and Back-end engineers, and QAs.
Who we are
Yola.com is a product company that creates and delivers a site-building platform to more than 13M users worldwide. Yola enables small businesses, non-profits, and everyday users to create, manage and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola’s solution offers e-commerce and marketing solutions.
Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, has offices in Kyiv and Lviv, Ukraine.
- We focus on quality: At Yola, we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We develop our own product so quality is the key. We have a burning desire for high code quality and architecture.
- We innovate: We encourage you to suggest changes to the process and the product and bring your own ideas to the table.
- We are fast learners who are looking for engineers who have a critical and open mindset and are not afraid to build fast, fail fast and learn from their mistakes.
- We have no red tape: You work directly with the decision-makers in the team, meaning there’s very little hierarchy.
- We work hard not because we are told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love.
You will almost certainly have:
- Experience in commercial development: 1-2 years
- English: intermediate or higher. Yola is a multinational company so English is a must
- Good competency in Python
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience writing unit and integration tests.
It would be useful if you had:
- Experience with Python web frameworks such as Django Rest Framework
- Experience with test-driven development
- Working experience with Linux servers
- Experience with code review, both reviewing and having work reviewed
- An ability to face challenges while maintaining a sense of humor
Your responsibilities might include (but also probably will not be limited to):
- Developing and maintaining Django applications
- Writing unit and integration tests for the code you write
- Diagnosing issues spanning multiple applications and servers and troubleshooting them
- Working with the front-end engineers in the development of client libraries for the services
- Working with your team to flesh out, break down, and estimate the size of task requirements.
- Working with external partners and users of Yola APIs.
- Supporting customers and the team during on-call rotation.
- Working with an international team, in English.
What we offer
- Opportunity to significantly influence our product roadmap and strategy, and technologies;
- Challenging work in the international professional environment;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely;
- 20 paid vacation days per year;
- Paid sick leave;
- Team building events;
- Medical insurance;
- A social package, including gym membership, and English courses compensation (50%).