Yola is looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer.
As a member of Yola’s DevOps team, you will be managing Yola’s infrastructure, work closely with engineering teams and automate all the things. You will be guided by Senior engineers and will be given plenty of opportunities to grow.
Who we are:
Yola.com is a product company that creates and delivers a site-building platform to more than 13M users worldwide. Yola enables small businesses, non-profits, and everyday users to create, manage and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola’s solution offers e-commerce and marketing solutions.
Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, has offices in Kyiv and Lviv, Ukraine.
What makes us different
- We focus on quality: At Yola, we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We develop our own product so quality is the key. We have a burning desire for high code quality and architecture.
- We innovate: We encourage you to suggest changes to the process and the product and bring your own ideas to the table.
- We are fast learners who are looking for engineers who have a critical and open mindset and are not afraid to build fast, fail fast and learn from their mistakes.
- We have no red tape:You work directly with the decision-makers in the team, meaning there’s very little hierarchy — and zero bureaucracy.
- We work hard not because we are told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love.
- Handling Access rights, manage permissions across Yola services for newcomers/ex-employees (Google Suite, Github, Slack, etc.);
- Providing immediate response for any alerts;
- Provide 1st level of Ops support for employees/engineers/customers/partners;
- Research, analyze and propose new technology solutions for the infrastructure;
- Deal with basic Ops tasks like managing Jenkins-jobs, regular chef updates for engineering needs, etc.;
- Automate all the things! Basically, look for opportunities to do stuff better.
- Commercial DevOps experience: 1-2 years;
- Linux OS knowledge;
- English: intermediate. Yola is a multinational company so English is a must;
- Understanding of basic network services and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SSH);
- Source code management tools (git);
- Service-Oriented and good communication and interpersonal skills.
Nice to have
- Experience with Infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.);
- Configuration management (Ansible/Chef/Puppet);
- Messaging systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ).
What we offer
- Opportunity to significantly influence our product roadmap and strategy, and technologies;
- Challenging work in the international professional environment;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely;
- 20 paid vacation days per year;
- Paid sick leave;
- Team building events;
- Medical insurance;
- A social package, including gym membership, and English courses compensation (50%).