Yola is looking for a Junior Front-End Developer.
Who we are:
Yola.com is a site-building platform with more than 14M users worldwide. Yola enables small businesses, non-profits, and everyday users to create, manage, and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola’s solution offers e-commerce, social networking, mobile, and marketing capabilities.
Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, has offices in Kyiv and Lviv, Ukraine.
What makes us different
- We focus on quality: At Yola, we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We develop our own product so quality is the key. We have a burning desire for high code quality and architecture.
- We innovate: We encourage you to suggest changes to the process and the product and bring your own ideas to the table.
- We are fast learners who are looking for engineers who have a critical and open mindset and are not afraid to build fast, fail fast and learn from their mistakes.
- We have no red tape: You work directly with the decision makers in the team, meaning there’s very little hierarchy — and zero bureaucracy.
- We work hard not because we are told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love.
About the role
Technologies we use in the Front-End:
- Web components & custom elements
- Canvas API
- Deep contenteditable usage
- Deep DOM API usage
- Deep Selection API usage
- And a lot of other interesting stuff
In the Back-End we use: Python, Django rest framework, PostgreSQL, AWS.
- Development of new modules
- Refactoring/extending of existing functionality
- Writing unit/integration tests
- Setup task runners and build tools
- Take part in the code review
- Experience of commercial development: 1-2 years
- English: intermediate or higher. Yola is a multinational company so English is a must
- Fluency in HTML and stylesheet languages, responsive design implementing
- Experience with any modern JS framework
- Familiarity with modern and upcoming standards
- Good understanding of how browsers work
Nice to have
- Experience with Web components
What we offer
- An opportunity to significantly influence our product quality;
- Many challenging tasks — we’re a relatively small team, with a large user-base (millions of users);
- 20 paid vacation days per year;
- Team building events;
- Medical insurance;
- A social package, including gym membership, and English courses compensation (50%).