Reference Number: SJD1021
We are looking for experienced Java Developers with a passion for pushing technologies to the limits and who will work with our team of talented engineers to develop XM’s enterprise suite of trading applications.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Building advanced back end applications on the Java platform
- Following test-driven development, continuous integration and agile methodologies
- Reviewing the code of other developers
- Monitoring and improving application reliability, and optimising performance
- Running unit testing and automation testing
- Contributing to system design and architecture
- Presenting ideas for system improvements
- BSc/MSc in computer science, engineering, or any other relevant degree
- At least 5 years of work experience in Java development
- Solid understanding of the full development life cycle
- Very good knowledge of programming best practises and design patterns
- Good understanding of algorithmic complexity, data structures and multi-threading concepts
- Knowledge of REST API and web services implementation concepts
- Knowledge of Oracle & MySQL is considered a plus
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud Services is considered a plus
- Work portfolio of open-source projects and technical blogs is considered a plus
- A keen interest in benchmarking and optimisation
- Passion for back end applications
- Strong teamworking skills and interest in personal development
- Attractive remuneration package plus performance related reward
- Private health insurance
- Corporate pension fund
- Intellectually stimulating work environment
- Continuous personal development and international training opportunities
- Attractive relocation package. Relocation support for a smooth relocation for you and your family.
Type of employment: Full time
Please visit our website www.xm.com/careers to submit your online application for this position.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality!