Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is one of the world leaders in software and hardware for retail automation. A toolkit is being developed for the Cashierless Store concept, similar to what was done in Amazon Go.
To solve the problem, we use AI/ML technologies, including Computer Vision.
• Good C/C++ programmer
• Embedded Linux system development experience
• Shell scripting
• Experience in Video processing (opencv, gstreamer) / Networking is a plus
• Experience in system-level debugging, reverse engineering, Linux Internals, Protocol level knowledge of interfaces is a plus
As an Embedded Linux Software Development Engineer you will be part of the Computer Vision solutions R&D team, making sure our Smart Camera software solutions and SDKs are constantly developed, enhanced, and the quality improved.
• Develop and maintain embedded Linux modules
• Evaluate prospective HW /SW platforms as a basis for new revisions of ecosystem components
• Mainline selected items
• Document new or existing features in our developer website knowledge base
• Improve build system
• Work on Linux related development tasks according to task planning process
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favourite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe’s Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ’s, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world’s installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our ‘Together Commerce’ vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let’s get together to drive the new economy.