The Cloud/DevOps Engineer delivers code and tooling to support the internal CI/CD pipelines of Toshiba’s Point of Sale (POS) solutions in the retail marketplace, collaborating with multiple agile development teams in a fast-paced, customer-first environment.
- Participate in scrum meetings and collaborate with a variety of technical roles to understand the business needs and implement code into a functional build pipeline
- Leverage various tools (Jenkins, Groovy, GitLab, etc.) to implement automated CI/CD pipelines and utilize tool APIs to automate DevOps functions.
- Apply cloud (Azure, AWS, GKE) computing skills to deploy CI/CD pipeline upgrades and fixes.
- Manage cloud infrastructure as code and troubleshoot and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Collaborate with various software test and development team members to continuously improve the tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Develop and maintain DevOps documentation.
- Communicate work assignment details including schedule, scope changes, and risks to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to manage and escalate risks affecting committed work scope, schedule, and quality.
- Actively participate in action-oriented retrospectives and blameless postmortems to strengthen and streamline team processes.
- 5+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role after graduation
- Experience managing multiple complex CI/CD pipelines
- Demonstrated knowledge of source control and code branching strategies
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle and Agile development methodology
- Strong knowledge of CICD and supporting DevOps processes
- Proficiency with languages such as JAVA, Python and shell scripting for automation
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science field or equivalent experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology
- Public Cloud experience: Azure, AWS, GCP (esp. Azure)
- Kubernetes basics
- DevOps dashboard development
- Automation experience with Ansible, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, Jenkins, etc.
- Opportunity and desire to visit the office
- Experience in big outsourcing companies
- The opportunity to work in a B2B contract (the company provides legal advice on paperwork)
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favourite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe’s Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ’s, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world’s installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our ‘Together Commerce’ vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let’s get together to drive the new economy.