Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join a high performing team developing cloud-based software solutions for the Retail Marketplace. The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for driving a team of programmers, testers, software architects and other supporting roles throughout all phases of the software development life cycle from concept, to product release, to life cycle management.
The Technical Project Manager will use Agile and Project Management development processes and best practices to ensure quality, on-time, on-budget deliverables.
The Project Manager will represent the SW Development organization at cross-functional teams trusted with defining, developing, releasing, and maintaining products and solutions. This is an excellent opportunity for a Technical Project Manager to apply his/her knowledge to deliver innovative products to the retail marketplace.
• Successfully lead complex projects by guiding a development team to define, plan, deliver and support high-quality software products and solutions.
• Ensure each team is consistently applying Agile and development practices in each group.
• Facilitate Agile ceremonies (Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demos, Retrospectives, Grooming, Phase planning).
• Provide regular Executive Updates at the end of each sprint.
• Organize and plan the product feature-function content, working with the product group on prioritization and technical leadership on sizing and dependencies.
• Work with technical leadership to develop product release schedules, committing those schedules to the business and ensuring timely execution.
• Present project status and recommendations to management.
• Complete all work items including legal clearances, regulatory requirements, product classifications and ensure that products meet industry standards.
• Interact with stakeholders as appropriate to discuss product functionality, performance, plans and field support escalations.
• Identify and resolve problems, gaps, and challenges in the software engineering processes
• Foster an environment of collaboration, trust, and accountability.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science field or equivalent experience.
• Strong leadership skills
• A minimum of 2 years of working within the Software Development Life Cycle in various capacities after graduation
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with team members dispersed across multiple countries and time zones
• Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
• Hands-on experience in AI and Embedded based solutions
• Experience with the Agile/Scrum process applied to software development
• Agile or equivalent certifications.
• Domain knowledge in the area of Retail
• Opportunity and desire to visit the office
• Experience in a big outsourcing companies
• The opportunity to work in a B2B contract (the company provides legal advice on paperwork)
About the Company
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favourite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe’s Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ’s, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world’s installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our ’Together Commerce’ vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let’s get together to drive the new economy.