With a focus on test strategies and processes, tools and automation, the Software Test Engineer (STE) drives quality assurance of Toshiba’s Point of Sale (POS) solutions in the retail marketplace. This role requires a strong background in REST API testing and the ability to translate customer requirements and technical designs into both manual and automated test scenarios. While not responsible for creating test automation frameworks, the STE must have the programming skills to understand and use the frameworks to create automated test scenarios and validate test coverage. The STE will join a growing team of engineers dedicated to maintaining a strong team culture and driving quality solutions for retail.
1. Review business requirements, software designs, functional specifications, user scenarios, and existing test coverage. Participate in design review discussions.
2. Create both automated and manual test cases from business requirements and software design documents.
3. Execute test cases, report defects, and track defect resolutions. Perform automation/API testing using internal and external tools. Perform maintenance regression software tests and exploratory testing.
4. Set up and maintain local automation test environments, as well as solution hardware and software installations.
5. Create documentation for various initiatives including test plans, custom installation procedures, and process improvements.
6. Communicate closely with the project team leads and managers on test status, risks, and mitigation plans. Provide input on risks and quality decisions.
7. Participate in backlog grooming, sprint planning, and requirements team meetings.
8. Generate requirements traceability matrices for test coverage.
9. Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
• Experience testing REST APIs and web services
• Understanding of software test methodologies and test layers
• Experience with test coverage analysis, test execution, and defect management
• Participation in agile SDLC; usage of agile project management tools
• Experience setting up physical and virtual test environments
• Test automation experience (Selenium, Cucumber, Jenkins, Postman, TestNG, etc.)
• Basic understanding of Linux commands and filesystem
• Effective verbal and written communication; able to read, write, and speak English proficiently
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering; or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ experience in software test engineering
• Retail industry experience
• Performance testing experience