Toshiba is the global market share leader in retail store technology. As retail’s first choice for integrated in-store solutions, Toshiba’s innovative technology enhances customer engagement, transforms in-store experience, and accelerates the digital transformation of the retail industry. Today, Toshiba is in a position wherein it defines dominating practices of retail automation and advances the future of retail.
This position will focus on building business functionality on top of our cloud native platform using Microservices and OpenAPI. This opportunity will provide the candidate the chance to work on a microservices based platform and help code, lead, and design functional deliverables of our applications. You will be working alongside other experienced engineers and developers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our platform. Qualified candidates will have strong leadership, be forward thinking, self-motivated and bring excellence to the development and customer experience.
- Implements product features in Java using Object-Oriented principles. Designs, develops, and tests/debugs client- and server-side code.
- Resolves complex technical challenges requiring a diverse scope of domain and discipline knowledge.
- Advises and reviews technical designs, implementations, and tests across multiple small-to-medium projects or a large project.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage existing assets (code, tooling, documentation) in new projects. Interfaces with internal & external teams to ensure alignment of deliverables.
- Consults on and/or reviews release notes, test plans/cases, and functional specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of cloud based or client/server development experience.
- Ability to convert technical specifications from the design team or third-party vendors into software implementation.
- Experience building and supporting cloud based and client/server applications.
- Strong analytical and Java programming skills
- Deep technical skills in software development technologies and tools such as DI, CI, Spring Boot, XML/JSON, Java, Docker and Maven
- Knowledge of Swagger and REST design
- Experience with retail technologies
- Working knowledge of Azure, Azure Service Bus, and Azure Cosmos DB
- Knowledge of non-relational databases such as MongoDB and database scalability concepts like sharding
- Experience with high data volume enterprise integrations using topics/queues