As a part of our fast growing team, we are looking for an experienced Senior Ruby Backend Developer who can contribute, take ownership, and help us scale our product and business.
• 5+ years experience with Ruby or Ruby/Rails
• Experience in building solutions on AWS (or any other cloud provider)
• Experience of TDD
• Proficiency in designing highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications
• Hands-on experience with profiling and optimizing applications (memory usage, SQL queries, etc.)
• Exposure to mentoring more junior developers
• Intermediate+ level of Spoken English
• Experience with microservices and breaking monolith (and have good arguments for doing it)
• Desirable experience with React, Docker, Terraform or Ansible
• A decisive role: You are part of our R&D team and keen to take on more ownership in your area of expertise, working closely with other stakeholders in the business.
• An international team: Every individual matters — as a team of 14 different nationalities we value the synergy of different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds.
• Room for growth: We take a personal interest in your perspectives and development, so every employee has realistic options for career development within the company.
• A quality oriented development culture: We’re proud of our code, practice TDD, like to pair when needed and use continuous integration
• OS and laptop of your choice: OS X on MacBook Pro 15″ or Linux/Win on HP/Lenovo + extra 24″ screen
• Spacious and cozy office you’ll definitely love
• Health insurance with premium-level medical centers
• Your bookkeeping will be maintained by a professional accountant as well as individual lawyer protection for work-related as well as personal needs
• Performance reviews twice a year
• Last but not least — valuable compensation for your efforts and financial/professional growth plan
Our environment is built on AWS and we use various AWS services (ECS, S3, Redshift, Lambda, etc). We deploy applications using Docker images with CircleCi, and Jenkins pipelines run our machine learning algorithms. Our infrastructure is built for Agile development, and our developers deploy features to production multiple times per day with CI/CD.
Our product development teams have struck a fine balance between iterating quickly while still producing high quality code. Every member of the team has a prominent voice and is encouraged to experiment, take risks and make suggestions that will have an impact on the business.
• Further develop our internal API for our web products
• Structure the backend data to use it for our web applications and our data pipelines
• Work on improving the user experience and delivering a quality product
• Further help us tuning and optimising distributed applications for performance/cost
The project is dedicated to a cutting edge and highly performant talent acquisition platform (TAP). It ensures an easy to use but highly powerful performance marketing & software product enabling clients to reach the right candidates with just one click and hire at scale on all relevant channels. The solution is especially useful for massive hiring segment, where both actively looking and passively interested candidates are reached. Thanks to a machine learning algorithm that optimizes a client’s budget on a daily basis, one will get the most applicants out of the money spent.
Based in the heart of Berlin, the company now consist of 60 ambitious and entrepreneurial people, with plenty of space to grow. Transparent communication style and caring, collaborative yet professional environment are things to be proud of. So If you’d like to be part of a wel-organized, cross-functional team with limitless opportunities to learn and grow, get in touch!