Wix Academy, a unit within Wix Engineering, and we’re all about taking our software engineers to the next level and promoting the values of Wix’s dev-centered culture. We lead various Wix Engineering training activities, take an active part in cross-organization projects, arrange and sponsor cool meetups, workshops and conferences in various dev communities, and lead the global Wix Engineering brand, online and offline.
We’re looking for an experienced technical writer to create technical training documentation, blog posts, and open source documents. In this role you will work closely with our software engineers to produce accurate, timely, and high-quality content.
A fluent English speaker with strong organization and strong technical editing skills. You have a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in writing developer documentation and are able to understand and explain complex systems, code, and implementation & integration processes in simple terms. You can gain an understanding of the needs of different audiences and modify the tone and voice of documentation accordingly. You’re passionate about technology and technical writing, can work independently, without a lot of management “handholding” and know how to move between projects quickly and fluidly.
Advantageous if you have a minimum of 2 years’ programming experience, preferably web programming and experience with the open source development community.
As a Technical Writer, you will:
• Plan, write and maintain technical documents, such as developer guides and tutorials.
• Meet with developers on a regular basis to ensure that their documentation is up to date.
• Collaborate with developers to determine the best way to document their work for the intended audience.
• Review developer-produced documentation and edit for style, clarity, organization and voice.
• Research and learn new technologies and languages that are relevant to the product.
• Add meaningful comments to developer code.
• Edit our developers’ blog posts (grammar, syntax, voice and tone).
• Edit our social media posts.