Wix’s Data Developer team. We’re a group of 20+ BI Devs who use cutting-edge technology to collect, transform, and democratize Wix’s data. Wix is a highly data-driven company, which means that our data needs to be easily accessible cross-company. And we’re the ones who make it possible. We use data to understand how users interact with our products and how to prioritize & strategize the changes that make us the innovative company we are. With over 140 million users (and 2 million new users a month), we collect over a billion events a day. That’s a huge 1TB of data added daily!
We’re looking for a talented ETL Developer to join our Data Developer team and contribute to Wix’s data-driven ethos.
A skilled ETL Developer with at least 5+ years’ experience as an ETL\Database Developer or Data Engineer. You have 2+ years’ experience in executing Big Data solutions as well as processing unstructured and structured data into column store databases. Additionally, you’ve spent at least 2 years implementing data processing systems (ETL).
Your SQL skills are strong which gives you the ability to write complex queries and optimize them for performance. You’re great at dimensional modeling and familiar with DWH concepts. You have experience in designing and implementing BI solutions (bonus points if it’s been in a consumer web company). Plus, you’re fluent in English.
Bonus points if you have experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, PIG, Presto, SPARK, SQOOP), Columnstore DBs (Redshift, Vertica), Python, SCALA, MS SQL Server, Tableau and/or Amazon solutions.
As an ETL Developer, you will:
• Be responsible for the data pipeline in a major data flow.
• Work with business analysts to understand business priorities and translate requirements to data models.
• Design, implement and support robust, scalable solutions to enhance business analysis capabilities, identify gaps and design processes to fill them.
• Collaborate with a broad forum of experts and stakeholders, including architects and engineers, to create high-quality deliverables.
• Be a technical curator and set querying methodologies across the analyst guild and product.