The position requires in-depth understanding of customer complaints both in evaluating claims and legitimacy combined with analytical, hands on understanding in detecting risk related activities and trends.
Basic knowledge and understanding of OFAC and SDN and their relevancy to the online payments industry.
The Risk and Billing Analyst should be proactive and geared to solve work related issues in an efficient and timely manner.
The individual is expected to monitor, report and provide compelling evidence to both management and related departments on a variety of subjects relating to OFAC, SDN, fraud and chargebacks, OFAC as well as come up with working solutions.
This role requires the individual to quickly adapt to constantly changing regulations and laws they relate to the online payments industry. The position requires ‘outside the box’ judgment and analytical skills to problem solve various issues that arise.
· Monitoring and handling of OFAC and SDN alerts
· Monitoring and handling of incoming disputes and chargebacks in the relevant processors
· In-depth examination into customer behavior
· Full understanding of the payment, dispute and chargeback lifecycles
· Thorough knowledge of the card-scheme compliance regulations and policies while staying up to date on various chargeback thresholds and monitoring programs
· Maintaining close and productive working relationships with the payment processors and other 3rd party service providers, i.e. Ethoca and MaxMind
· Collect data, identify problems and track emerging trends or patterns — while ensuring accuracy on reported data and information, while generating effective solutions
· Understanding the various company processes, both automatic and manual and define effective improvements and optimization on an as needed basis
· Work closely with the company’s payment, billing and support departments as well as other in-house teams
· Being responsible for managing various tasks and processes from start to finish
· Basic understanding of US regulated OFAC and SDN laws and sanctions, specifically in the ecommerce industry
· Ability to understand technical and functional issues, as well as their impact
· Strategic thinking and distinctive judgment skills a must
· Excellent communication and writing abilities in English
· Ability to differentiate between ’legit’ and ’suspicious’ customer behavior
· Flexibility to handle multiple projects and changing priorities
· Experience in online payments and billing systems