We are where art starts, but that’s only the beginning. We are the movement for the liberation of creative expression. We believe that art is for everyone, and we’re creating the cultural context for how it is created, discovered, and shared.
Founded in August 2000, DeviantArt is the largest online social network for artists and art enthusiasts, and a platform for emerging and established artists to exhibit, promote, and share their works with an enthusiastic, art-centric community. We have over 38 million registered members and attract over 65 million unique visitors per month. Our members — knowns as deviants — upload over 160,000 original art works every day, everything from painting and sculpture to digital art, pixel art, films, and anime.
Artists love us because we are an inclusive and supportive community. We help them find their identity through self-expression. We provide the tools, resources, and exposure to enable them to become better, more successful artists. We inspire people to create art by feeding their creativity. We can’t help it — it runs through our veins and compels us to nurture it in others. This is DeviantArt.
Devious Technology department is responsible for working on interesting scalable technologies and fun features across a number of areas of DeviantArt. Our remote teams work on a rapid iteration process and encourage collaboration between developers, UI designers, product managers and non-technical staff.
• A track record of working on advanced scalable interactive web applications as a full stack developer
• Passionate about software engineering, and constantly expanding your knowledge.
• Very strong communication skills, self-learner, engages with product development lifecycle from concept to support
• Working knowledge of Object Oriented Design, and MVC like frameworks
• Knowledge of databases and SQL
• Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
• Have some experience with React.js and Redux
• Knowledge of Node.js and React server-side rendering
• Experience with automation and package management tools such as Composer, Grunt, npm, yarn, Webpack.