Wix.com’s Data Engineering team. We’re responsible for building Wix’s big data infrastructure that’s the foundation for our growth and hands billions of BI-events, PBs of data and 200M+ users.
We provide top of the line tools to our customers and use a combination of cloud and self managed systems.
We’re looking for a bright, solution-oriented DevOps Engineer to join the team and build, run, manage and monitor our cloud-based environment.
· An Engineer with 3+ years of experience in a Systems Administration or DevOps role in an environment running production systems.
· You’re passionate about automating things to make life simple, and you have experience with Python, Ruby or Go.
· You’re familiar with Linux, proficient in cloud environments (especially AWS) and you’re also familiar with Hadoop environment or EMR or any other framework for running heavy loads.
· You have a good knowledge of relational and non-relational databases, you understand how they work and how to optimize their performance.
Bonus points if you have :
· Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases like MySQL, HBase, Redis, Presto/Trino, etc.
· Experience with technologies like Kafka, Kubernetes, Zookeeper, Spark, Consul, Chef, Terraform
· Experience with Rust, Java, Scala
· Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana
· Experience in building/retrofitting effective instrumentation or existing applications
· Expertise in Terraform or CloudFormation
· Expertise in Orchestration (Kubernetes/ Mesos/ Swarm)
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
· Build and maintain a multi-system architecture supporting billions of events, PBs of data and 200M+ of users
· Quickly identify and resolve infrastructural bugs
· Work with all aspects of our rapidly-developing infrastructure
· Drive the success of our systems’ advancements, cooperating with the Data Infrastructure, Data Development and Wix’s Infrastructure teams