Qonto is a Unicorn Fintech startup with a huge development strategy and teams from all over the world. Qonto’s greatly talented team has enabled them to gain 220,000 users. The unique environment where everyone goes above and beyond to overcome challenges and is dedicated to Qonto’s values and mission.
Qonto was launched in July 2017, and the team reached great achievements since then:
* € 622 million raised with a total valuation of $5 billion.
* Since February 2021, Qonto is the only finance solution to be included in the prestigious Next40 index, bringing together the most promising young companies of the French Tech industry.
* 220 000 active users.
* 58 000 customers who have created their company with Qonto.
* Market leader for online SME banking in Europe.
* Outstanding customer satisfaction (App Store | Google Play | TrustPilot).
* Recognized as one of the best startups to work at (LinkedIn | Glassdoor).
* 450+ happy employees helping Qonto build the finance solution of the dream (just that!).
Qonto is the first-ever bank mobility service for professionals. Our mission? To create the finance solution all businesses love. Our means? Technology, elegant design, and an outstanding sense of customer care. At Qonto, we believe that great service comes from great thinkers. That’s why we strive to provide a comfortable environment that allows you to excel in your work. Check out this video to learn about our working ethos: The Qonto Way. Software Engineers at Qonto craft polished user experiences, highly scalable API’s and robust banking services, all to help create the finance solution all businesses love.
Project’s tech stack:
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails;
- GoLang (not required, but there is an opportunity to learn and use the language);
Our primary languages are Golang and Ruby on the backend, EmberJS on the frontend, and Kotlin and Swift for our Mobile applications. Our platform runs on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS, with PostgreSQL as our database of choice, using Kafka for our event-driven architecture and ELK for logging and auditing, among many other tools, services, and applications.
As a Backend Engineer at Qonto, you will
- Design, develop and maintain our API’s for maximum resilience, scalability, robustness, and security;
- Build new applications and services to support our API’s and internal tools to help us move faster with confidence and quality;
- Play an active role in the architecture at Qonto to better support our growing user base and scaling needs;
- Maintain our high level of quality through strong testing methodologies, documentation, pairing, and learning;
- Help scale our backend codebase while maintaining our strong engineering culture;
- Share your knowledge and learnings through internal and external talks and participate in the development of open-source tools.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer;
- Strong knowledge and experience in Ruby;
- At least Upper-Intermediate level of English.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge or willingness to learn Go.
- Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer who is interested in hard problems and delivering value
- Impact Maker: You want to help build an innovative product used by tens of thousands of users and leave your mark
- Best Practices: You are an organized worker who follows best practices regarding code quality, testing and code reviews
- Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded developer who is eager to learn a new language, banking domain and introduce new tools and services where it can help us grow
- Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
Team and methodology:
The development team at Qonto currently has over 70 highly skilled engineers, from all over the world, working closely in 6 cross-functional teams to shape the finance solutions. We use the Lean methodology. The main benefits for you: transparent process, clear requirements, highly detailed scope, and personal approach to all team members!
👉 What we offer:
🎁 Benefits program:
- 18 working days of fully paid vacation, 5 days compensated sick leaves;
- unlimited vacation days after 2 years with the company;
- coverage of taxes and free tax reporting support by our Financial department;
- help with individual entrepreneurs’ questions and accounting support;
- financial support and additional days off for various occasions (e.g. marriage, childbirth, etc);
- Smartass membership & online sports opportunities;
- English speaking club (in progress);
- internal educational events (WeThursdayYou);
- regular company updates from the CEO (Friday letter).
😌 Comfortable Working conditions:
- flexible working hours;
- provision of required equipment;
- hybrid working model (remote or from a cozy office in the Kyiv center);
- gaming room with table tennis and board games.
To build community between our employees we keep going with:
- various corporate events (psychological training, based on employees’ needs to care about mental health, New Year celebration, summer party, team buildings, etc);
- the celebration of important personal and project milestones (project successes, B-days, anniversaries);
- open door culture (regular one-two-one meeting with HR/PM/Manager);
- morning online sports activities for all team members to care about physical health;
- support of team members during russian aggression (evacuation, safe accommodation in Western Ukraine, financial support for those who joined Armed Forces, donations, etc);