WePlay Esports is a leading esports media holding with key offices in the USA, China and Ukraine. The holding combines the best practices of esports, media and entertainment fields to provide cutting-edge products and services worldwide.
We improve our expertise in the field of international brands’ integration in esports. We create conditions for constructive dialogue between business and active, passionate audience of players and fans.
About the position:
We are constantly scaling and growing, and to keep up with the tempo we are seeking for an experienced Solution Architect who will design or modify systems architecture to meet our business needs.
We expect that in your work you use a startup oriented approach and understand how to manage technical infrastructure in a fast pace environment.
Frankly speaking, this role is not about bureaucracy, policies and procedures.
It’s about thinking, solving, changing, and implementing.
Our products’ technical stack: Python, Java, PHP, Node.JS, React, Angular, Kubernetes, iOS & Android, etc.
But we believe that it doesn’t really matter for experienced experts, conversely you will come and help us to optimize our technical zoo.
Our technical teams: we have backend, frontend, iOS, Android devs, QA’s, system admins, which are distributed in product teams. For an easy start you will manage up to 10 specialists.
Goals for the first 3-6 month:
- assess the systems architecture currently in place and work with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it;
- develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals;
- evaluate and implement new systems and infrastructure.
In general you will be responsible for a number of keys things, here are the main ones:
- redesign, describe, and manage the solution engineering in relation to specific business tasks;
- be on the edge of technical means, integrate and implement technical innovations;
- develop Security, Stability and SLA in the company;
- manage and develop a full-fledged engineering team that will develop new ideas, proof of concepts, and popular products;
- control the efficiency and technical quality of companys’ products;
- create, develop and implement development standards in close cooperation with other units involved.
We require you to have:
- previous software development & leadership experience (as a CTO, an architect or in related positions);
- experience in planning and developing of IT and cloud infrastructure, software engineering and design architecture;
- knowledge of software development principles and types of software architecture, methodologies and design of software, databases, API;
- ability to evaluate software performance and compliance of software with technical requirements;
- ability and desire to quickly develop & learn, find and integrate new solutions and find the proper solution to implement it;
- English — at least Upper Intermediate, Ukrainian OR Russian is a must.
Benefits of working at WePlay Esports:
- office space with comfortable work conditions, various esports entertainment activities and is within a 15 minutes walk from Osokorki subway station;
- 18 work days of paid leave and 12 days of sick leave per year, with a flexible schedule possibility and remote work;
- no dress code policy and low level of bureaucracy;
- medical insurance after successful probation period completion (100% coverage, premium package);
- up to 50% expense coverage for specialized training;
- free English courses (with a native speaker);
- corporate events (office CS:GO and Dota2 tournaments, WePlay Esports birthday, Summer BBQ Party, New Year Party, Children’s Days);
- life events (maternity/paternity leave, “Welcome Baby” Gift, wedding Time Off);