WePlay Esports is a leading esports media holding with key offices in the USA, China and Ukraine. The holding combines the best practices of esports, media and entertainment fields to provide cutting-edge products and services worldwide.
We improve our expertise in the field of international brands’ integration in esports. We create conditions for constructive dialogue between business and active, passionate audience of players and fans.
Now we are looking for Content Editor. You will work with a team of writers, SEO specialists, content managers, and designers to develop and curate compelling and engaging content for our audience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Write and edit the content of other writers as well as your own work creating and managing content plan for blogs;
- Prepare publications of the different formats: white papers, interviews, thought leadership articles with stakeholders and other type of content;
- Upload work through content management systems;
- Work with design team to create a proper visual communication to the articles (set up tasks for creating visuals, infographics, etc.) for blog, internal communications and external communications needs;
- Manage the team of the translators and proofreaders;
- Coordinate the work of the authors, contributors, freelancers, and guest writers;
- Ensure that content meets the company’s needs, and follows our in-house style guide;
- Work closely with SEO specialists;
- Verify content and information;
- Be proficient in desktop publishing software;
- Craft and send our monthly newsletter;
- Interview internal stakeholders and industry professionals and use online sources to research topics;
- Manage the editorial calendar and ensure timely publication;
- Optimize published pieces using SEO guidelines;
- Generate new ideas around industry-related topics;
Required skill set:
- Must: fluent English, Russian and Ukrainian languages;
- Excellent verbal, writing and editing skills and the ability to write compelling stories;
- Able to act on own initiative and meet deadlines;
- Portfolio of published work;
- Highly organized and motivated with strong leadership skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and have excellent time management skills;
- Knowledge of basic Digital PR and SEO metrics;
- Journalism background would be a plus;
- Openness to the professional development in the field of brand journalism;
- Team spirit.
Social package includes:
- Office space with comfortable work conditions, various esports entertainment activities, and is within a 10-minute walk from “Osokorky” subway station. Remote is also an option for this role;
- 18 days of paid leave and 12 days of sick leave per year, with a flexible schedule possibility and remote work;
- No dress code policy and low number of bureaucracy;
- Medical insurance after successful trial period completion (100% coverage, premium package);
- Up to 50% expense coverage for specialized training;
- Free English courses (with a native speaker);
- Corporate events (office CS:GO and Dota tournaments, WePlay Esports birthday, Summer BBQ Party, New Year Party, Children’s Days);
- Life events (maternity/paternity leave, “Welcome Baby” Gift, wedding Time Off);
- You will have quarterly reviews to help you meet your goals and objectives, as well as 1-to-1 meetings with your lead to discuss work processes, and much more.