This role is a great fit for you if:
- You love delivering fresh solutions to customers and are passionate about setting a strong example to your team.
- You also enjoy mentoring and building out technical and professional skills within your team.
- You have strong people skills and enjoy interfacing with clients to deliver valuable insight and help them understand how our solutions can meet the needs of their business challenges, as well as drive the value of our software solutions.
- You’ve got the skills, tools and know-how to help companies make the moves to be more nimble, more capable and more productive.
- You also know that customers need a strong software expertise to help them drive key business value and decisions using our suite of software.
About the client:
Our client (based in Canada) is a leading technology company specializing in software solutions for supermarket chains around the world. In business since 1988. Today, it is an organization of experienced and retail-savvy specialists equipped with industry specific solutions that supermarket chains can leverage to succeed in fresh operations.
Fresh food retail operations solutions are deployed collectively in over 20,000 supermarket stores worldwide, actively supporting the in-store execution of fresh operations.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree(s) in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Min. of 5 years’ experience developing automated test cases with Selenium, Java (11+), Cucumber, TestNG/JUnit.
- Experience in the creation, maintenance, and optimization of Selenium-based frameworks.
- At least basic experience working with Spring Boot (key annotations understanding) and Hibernate (interacting with DB via repositories).
- Strong Java Core knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of OOP and FP. AOP would be a plus.
- Strong experience with Git and bug tracking software such as JIRA.
- Experience in Azure or other cloud providers.
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines creation using Jenkins, GitLab or Azure DevOps.
- Experience in testing MQ and REST-based cloud applications.
- Experience with build tools (maven, gradle, etc.)
- Experience in testing within an Agile software development environment (SCRUM).
- SQL experience is a must. MS SQLServer is preferable.
- Experience as a project leader, managing engineers of different levels.
- Experience in an industry focused on solution selling large scale software deployments and ongoing account management.
- Requirements analysis and testing.
- Collaborate closely with team members and other departments.
- Working with developers in parallel (automation within the same sprint).
- Focus on system level testing.
- Write Zephyr test cases, manage test plans and executions.
- Create Gherkin scenarios.
- Write automated scripts in Java 11+ using Selenium and Cucumber (based on Spring Boot).
- Test data preparation, entities and repositories creation for further interaction with DB.
- Configure CI/CD pipelines and reporting.
- Detecting and tracking software defects/inconsistencies.
- Root cause analysis.
- Participating in grooming sessions, design reviews and providing input on requirements, and potential issues.
- Provide timely solutions.
- Lead a team of 2-3 QA Engineers (intermediate/senior level).
- Apply best engineering practices throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Provide support and documentation.