We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Software Engineer with the skills, energy, and passion for coding. You will be responsible for building and maintaining our microservice architecture, owning services that power our core product offering, and suite of admin tools.
We build the leading real-time solution for staying on top of product quality and user feedback across all platforms, languages, and regions.
You will use your skills in Java, Kubernetes, and cloud-native development for delivering high-quality, efficient and testable code.
As a senior member of the engineering team, you will mentor and support teammates, providing feedback and guidance so the whole team succeeds in delivering maintainable, scalable services.
- Develop and maintain Java microservices, libraries, automated tests, and build scripts
- Perform code reviews and evaluate pull requests, helping other engineers debug and resolve problems
- Write thorough documentation and specifications with clean APIs, architecting scalable solutions capable of processing millions of new data points a day
- Work directly with managed and unmanaged cloud services including databases, data streams, message queues, container orchestrators, job automation systems, and continuous build, integration, and deployment systems
- Apply and advocate for the use of healthy coding practices, Agile methodologies, and communication strategies
- Prioritize client satisfaction by measuring and monitoring the performance of production services, troubleshooting and addressing issues as they arise
- Strive for continuous improvement, staying abreast of new technologies, open-source libraries, and industry trends
- 5+ years of Java programming with a strong track record in delivering high-quality, maintainable code
- Quality-focused with proficiency in modern software testing methodologies and test automation frameworks
- Practical experience developing and deploying microservices with orchestrated Docker containers in either AWS or GCP
- At least intermediate English skills, both spoken and written, with the ability to discuss complex technical subjects with clarity and precision
- Ability to learn quickly, work with autonomy and ingenuity, and apply strong problem-solving skills
Nice to have:
- Expertise with other technologies in our stack including Spring Boot, Hibernate, Git, Python 3, Kubernetes, Node.js, and Linux
- Experience in processing large amounts of data and working with databases
- Proficiency in Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Community of top-notch engineers (60+% Senior, tech influencers)
- Opportunity to shape the tech stacks and adopt innovations as part of our CTO office
- Internal Freelance: a way to earn even more by taking up additional projects and challenges
- Responsible freedom: no bureaucracy, no micromanagement, no screen monitoring
- US C-Suite, 80% American customers
- No support projects, work with innovative startups and solutions for global brands
- Transparency: biweekly speaking clubs with US top management (CEO, CTO, COO)
- Ability to work from anywhere offered as an option since 1992
- Regular knowledge-sharing sessions, team building activities
- Social responsibility & values: we are eco-friendly and support charity