• 5+ years of software development experience
• Deep Ruby and Ruby on Rails understanding
• Ability to understand code written in Ruby 1.8 and Rails 2.3
• Experience in migration of legacy project to newer version
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Team player with good written and spoken English communication skills
• Git or similar distributed version control system
• My SQL
• Community of top-notch engineers (60+% Senior, tech influencers)
• Opportunity to shape the tech stacks and adopt innovations as part of our CTO office
• Internal Freelance: a way to earn even more by taking up additional projects and challenges
• Responsible freedom: no bureaucracy, no micromanagement, no screen monitoring
• No support projects, work with innovative startups and solutions for global brands
• Transparency: biweekly speaking clubs with US top management (CEO, CTO, COO)
• Ability to work from anywhere offered as an option since 1992
• Regular knowledge-sharing sessions, team building activities
• Social responsibility & values: we are eco-friendly and support charity
• Develop functionality according to business requirements
• Write well documented clean and easy to support code
• Improve existing codebase
• Collaborate with other programming engineers across the organization to develop best practices
About Waverley Software
Our Silicon Valley headquarters connects with development centers in Kharkiv, Lviv, and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Our teams work with major corporations and exciting startups to bring critical projects to life.
For over twenty years Waverley has built a solid reputation delivering exceptional software to the most demanding clients. We’re looking for fearless, talented software and QA engineers ready to take part in building a great company with us.
Are you ready for the next big thing?
About our client
Our client is a full-service marketing services provider for the real estate and mortgage industries. Their flagship farming program is designed to drive consumers online so agents can interact with and close their best prospects.
Waverley is looking for an experienced engineer who will lead the maintenance and improvement of the e-commerce platform built on Ruby and Rails. The application includes billing, shipping, and an online catalog optimized but not limited to real estate agents.