We are looking for a talented AOSP Android Build/Release Engineer. You will be part of a small team of engineers focused on making video collaboration an amazing experience and the software we create will be used by thousands of people every day.
● Experience with the Android Open Source Project (“AOSP”) platform build system,
● Experience customizing the Android platform
● Expertise with common Android build tools: Gradle, Android Studio, Make, Maven, Artifactory
● Experience with Linux, shell-scripting, Git and Gerrit
● At least 3 years of experience in a comparable role
● BS degree in a technical field
● Excellent communication skills: Able to converse fluently with SW engineers, QA engineers, security teams, and non-technical Legal and Marketing staff
● Experience crafting build systems that can easily be used for manual builds on the development desktop, for automated PR verification, and on sealed production build machines.
Nice to have:
● Knowledge of git, including tag and branch management strategies
● Familiar with Java and Kotlin, able to triage build and unit-tests failures and quickly escalate them to engineering to fix
● Familiar with various software delivery mechanisms
● Familiar with setting up build and code signing servers, FOTA servers
● Familiar with Android crash data collection and processing tools and automation
● Experience with Jenkins pipelines, groovy scripting is a plus. Ability to read and understand a wide variety of existing build scripts and adapt them to new environments
● Understanding of CVE and vulnerability tracking processes
● Comfortable with Proguard and other code optimization and obfuscation tools
● Understanding of testing frameworks and different approaches for both unit and integration testing
Why work with us?
● Life at Waverley means collaborating with dedicated professionals, passionate about technology
● Our people demonstrate outstanding engineering culture through constant learning and knowledge-sharing
● We value Responsible Freedom, which means we evaluate the results and have flexibility in workstyle or locations
● A chance to contribute to the cutting edge of Silicon Valley software development
● Possibility to work in a startup-like atmosphere, in a new and growing team
● Modern office, comfortable work environment, the best tools
● Competitive compensation
● Friendly inspiring atmosphere
In this role you will:
● Own the build scripts and process for Android applications and associated libraries (including JNI-based native libraries)
● Support project engineers with build issues: work closely with Build, Integration, Test and Software engineers to develop tools for build/CI/CD automation
● Work with corporate build service to ensure that release builds run correctly on the various build like staging, development and release servers.
● Triage build failures and quickly escalate them to engineering as necessary.
● Manage a large collection of open-source and third-party projects we rely on: tracking and importing new versions as appropriate, consulting with Legal representatives
on compliance issues, and helping Security teams in responding to vulnerabilities.
● Automate the compilation, continuous integration, testing, packaging, and distribution of Multiple software components
● Code quality tools in our build pipelines
● Contribute to tools and scripts in Python and groovy (Jenkins file) to automate building software and hardware systems and enforcing software development best practices
Our client’s video collaboration products help companies stay connected and can be found in the conference rooms of some of the biggest businesses in the world. They create amazing experiences in the conference room using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. The client is in love with what they do because they are passionate about connecting people and they use the products they create every day to stay connected to their own team