Wargaming is growing their Kiev based development studio and we’re looking for a Gameplay Programmer to work on new and exciting features for our free-to-play MMO.
As an engineer you will be focusing on development of new gameplay features and modes. Your role will span across all game components, systems and cover all phases of the development cycle.
To be successful, you’ll need to have a passion for the video game industry, previous video game industry experience isn’t essential but a hunger to learn is. You’ll be a generalist programmer with Python or C++ skills, thrive in a multicultural environment and want to make great games.
• Design and implement subsystems for new versions of MMO client and Server
• Optimize and re-factor game logic and dependent modules
• Prototype and implement in-game UI
• Create highly efficient (memory and performance speed) client components interacting with the game server.
• 3 years + Python or C++ programming skills including distributed and remote debugging techniques.
• A strong desire to create world-class games
• Demonstrable understanding how software architecture choices impact the operational efficiency of computing hardware.
• Knowledge of commonly used data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
• Passion for the video game industry and hungry to learn
• Good English verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and well organized
• Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience using Agile methodologies
• Values good documentation and communication of processes.
• Professional experience working with Linux-based server deployments.
• Familiar with databases, kafka, amqp.
• Collaboration with cross-functional team and external teams on design and implementation of features.
• Experience in the game development industry, and related technology (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
• English Language skills.