The World of Tanks development team is looking for a UX/UI Designer (middle and higher) who, together with their colleagues, will work on improving the existing features and designing new functionality for World of Tanks. More than 160 million players around the world will be using your solutions, which will be an invaluable experience for you.
- Working on the World of Tanks product—a cultural phenomenon with an audience of more than 160 million players around the world, who will be using your solutions
- A variety of features allowing a UX/UI designer to choose tasks according to their interests and combine creating spectacular graphics with the work on complex interaction systems
- Detailed feedback from millions of players through various channels, such as UX research, surveys, and feedback on official and community platforms Unique CIS-based UX laboratory and playtest systems that give employees an opportunity to test new solutions, deliver only the best, and make arguments based on valid data
- A large design team that includes different disciplines (UX Design, Game Design, Level Design, System Design, Sound Design, Balance Design, and Monetization Design). This allows you to focus on design tasks, but you can dive into other domain areas if you choose
- Working next to experts with extensive experience—growth in all areas is guaranteed
- An opportunity to work and communicate with experts from different Wargaming offices: Minsk, Vilnius, Kyiv, and Prague
What will you do?
- Create concepts and prototypes for new game modes in collaboration with game designers
- Improve the existing interfaces and design new ones for battle and game lobby
- Create final models, animations, and support documentation for the developers and conduct author’s supervision
- Support complex projects at all stages—from concept to release, as well as support post-release improvements to solutions
- Communicate with a huge number of professionals in different fields and find the best solutions
- Act as a customer for UX research of your own features in a unique CIS-based internal UX lab
- Participate in cross-reviewing the work of your fellow designers
- Participate in shaping and improving the processes and design of the World of Tanks system
What are we looking for?
- Real experience in interface design, confirmed by your portfolio
- Good understanding of design and perception principles
- Good graphic design skills allowing you to create skeuomorphic game interfaces
- Good technical skills in Adobe Photoshop and Figma
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and healthy perfectionism
- Good communication skills, the ability to listen, communicate your ideas, and explain your decisions
- The ability to present your work, receive and process feedback
- The ability to evaluate and prioritize tasks within large projects
- A love of video games
What will help you stand out?
- The ability to create animations and work in After Effects, Animate, and other animation applications
- Experience of organizing and carrying out usability tests
- Work experience in the game industry
- Basic knowledge of game psychology, marketing, and game design
- Intermediate or higher level of English (can read documentation and communicate with English-speaking coworkers)
- Gaming experience in World of Tanks and other games, and understanding of the main mechanics that are used in the industry
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!