Wargaming is looking for experienced Lighting Artist to assist for the next big multiplatform free-to-play title using Unreal Engine 4.
What will you do?
- Partner with art leadership, concept and tech art to combine traditional aesthetics with next-gen lighting techniques
- Light a world in Unreal Engine with an inspiring and cohesive vision across a diverse range of outdoor environments, while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game
- Use your understanding of Atmospheric behaviour, HDR lighting, colour theory, post-processing, shape, surface types, and lighting techniques to set up physically based yet artistic outdoor lighting
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques
Who are we looking for?
- 3+ years of professional experience with games/lighting/tech art in a production setting.
- Strong art fundamentals and eye for composition
- Strong grasp of colour theory, colour grading and other post process effects
- Good understanding of lighting, atmospheric effects and subsequent systems
- Good understanding of tools and scene components provided by Unreal Engine
- Understanding of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates a keen eye for detail and the ability to use light, shadow, and colour to create a variety of tones and moods
- Proficient and effective communication and documentation skills
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- User experience with UE blueprints will be a plus
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a lighting artist
- Solid English level will be a good plus
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry, with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!