Wargaming Mobile Studio , responsible for World of Tanks Blitz development and operations, is looking for a Lead UX/UI Designer to apply her/his skills on an exciting new multiplayer slow-vehicle shooter with a third-person view targeting a worldwide mobile audience.
You will design and develop a brand-new gaming experience, questioning the edges of existing patterns, models, and principles, pushing mobile gaming to an entirely new level.
In this role, you will take charge of the hands-on design of the game interfaces, as well as drive the team of UX/UI designers (mentoring, training, knowledge sharing). You will tune cross-team communications and work in close collaboration with the game’s core team, including the game design and art teams, the user research laboratory.
We are happy to consider candidates worldwide. We are quite flexible with regard to different locations: the core team is based in Minsk and Vilnius, part of the team works from Moscow, Berlin, and some other cities. Yes, you can join our distributed team remotely from your location.
Are you up for the challenge? Send your portfolio with current live gaming examples!
• Conceptualize and implement the design of in-game menus and user interfaces
• Create wireframes, flows, logic trees for player experience and menus
• Align with leads from art, game design, and development to set the goals for the user interface team
• Provide constructive, timely, and effective feedback to the UX/UI team to help them grow their abilities as designers
• Mentor, train, develop your team in how to design amazing interfaces
• Translate game ideas into reality through user interface while utilizing all the strengths of the mobile platforms
• Communicate concepts and designs to stakeholders in your team and key decisions makers
• Own, design, and implement UI-based features, improving the player experience through usability and immersion
• 5+ years’ relevant experience in the video game industry, including at least
• UX/UI design credits on at least 1 high-quality mobile title in the midcore/hardcore action game sphere
• Cross-genre knowledge
• Passion for multiplayer shooter games
• Ability to deliver interactive prototypes
• Experience working with Unity, Unreal or similar multiplatform engines
• Experience in delivering games built for varied cultures, languages, and accessibility channels
• Ability to persuasively and clearly communicate to stakeholders on multiple levels
• Experience in leading direct reports, the ability to mentor and train less experienced UX/UI designers and inspire them to grow
• A team player with the ability to adapt and share ideas with team members to find the best possible solution, open to giving and receiving feedback from the team
• Strong sense of ownership over solutions
• Intermediate of a higher level of English: enough to pass a job interview, enough to participate in daily meetings and discussions with English-speaking colleagues in your team.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!
Please see legal.eu.wargaming.net/...candidate-privacy-policy for details on how Wargaming uses your personal data.