We are looking for a Software Engineer who will assist us with the design, development, and installation of software solutions. Your duties will include development, writing code, and documenting functionality.
You should be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
The immediate project we are recruiting for is for one of the largest streaming companies in the world with 1.4 billion users per month. You will be working on building out further their backend and front end capabilities to support the rapid growth on their platform.
If you want to work on some of the world’s biggest websites and have your work seen by millions every day, this might be the job for you. We’re looking for backend PHP developers take part in all stages of the web development life cycle.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help coach and train team members
- Contribute to the overall tech decisions and help the team to achieve their goals
- Solve complex problems by applying best practices
- Work on large-scale object-oriented applications with PHP
- Analyze product requirements and translating to design specifications
- Perform peer code review and offer recommendations for improvements.
- Play a key role in defining the architecture and design of multiple web properties
- Work in an agile environment
- Work with exciting technologies (Docker, Microservices, Elasticsearch, Redis, PHP 7+, REST APIs & more)
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 2-5 years of professional software development experience
- Highly skilled and experienced in PHP
- Experience with PHP Frameworks (e.g. Laravel, Symfony etc)
- Strong knowledge of database technologies to scale for high volume web sites
- Experience in dealing with large scale web sites that receive millions of visits per day
- Strong knowledge with dealing large system including logging and reporting
- Knowledge and experience with RESTful services
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience with Git source control
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Compliance — handles all Compliance related aspects ( Document verification, review flows, content scanning, etc.)
- Growth — anything related to growing Project revenue
Location: EU Team — Lead / management in Romania / Remote
- Lightweight Custom PHP Framework (uses components from various popular frameworks like Symfony)
- PHP 8.2
- MySQL 8.0
- Elastic Search