Overview: We are seeking a proficient Data Analyst with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the insurance industry, specifically specializing in data warehousing design, data processing, and analytical techniques. The ideal candidate will demonstrate expertise in extracting, transforming, and loading (ETL) data, possess robust problem-solving abilities, and showcase proficiency in various programming languages and analytical tools.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaboration with Pricing Actuaries: Work closely with pricing actuaries to gather and organize requirements for business data marts, data processing streams, extracts, and reports necessary to support the company’s new pricing platform implementation efforts.
- Cross-functional Team Collaboration: Collaborate with diverse teams to identify data extraction, transformation, and loading requirements, ensuring alignment with the overarching business objectives.
- ETL Process Implementation: Design, implement, and maintain pricing-specific ETL processes from diverse data sources to a consolidated data mart, ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of data for analytical purposes.
- Advanced Analytics Utilization: Utilize advanced analytics tools like Python, SQL, Tableau, and Power BI to create interactive data visualizations and dashboards, facilitating decision-making processes for management.
- Development and Maintenance: Work in conjunction with data and database developers to implement data marts, ETL processes, data validation, and quality control measures, ensuring utmost accuracy, consistency, and completeness in reporting.
- End-user Support and Training: Provide ongoing support and training to end-users on data warehousing systems and tools to ensure optimal utilization and understanding.
- Ad-hoc Data Analysis: Undertake ad-hoc data analysis projects as required, providing timely and actionable insights to support business operations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Data Warehousing Expertise: Demonstrated proficiency in designing, implementing, and maintaining insurance-specific data warehouses.
- Programming Languages: Proficiency in SQL, C#, Python, and other relevant languages for data analysis purposes.
- Analytics Tools: Advanced skills in Python, SQL, Microstrategy, Tableau, Power BI, Excel, and other data visualization and analysis tools.
- Insurance Domain Knowledge: Solid understanding of insurance processes encompassing underwriting, policy administration, claims processing, and risk management.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Strong analytical thinking, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities to derive meaningful insights from complex data sets.
- Actuarial Data Processing: Profound knowledge of actuarial data requirements and processing techniques, supporting actuarial teams with accurate and timely data.
- Communication and Collaboration: Ability to effectively collaborate within team environments and proficiently communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Upper-intermediate level of English or higher.
This role requires a proactive individual with extensive experience in the insurance industry, possessing a deep understanding of data analytics, strong technical skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively across departments to drive impactful pricing strategies.