The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for managing complex IT projects on a day-to-day basis, using the Project Management Life Cycle process and deliverables.
Perform project management duties for complex IT projects in accordance with project management life cycle (PMLC) and systems development life cycle (SDLC) processes. These activities include:
- Perform day-to-day management of all project phases to ensure deliverables are completed on time and within budget. Coordinate all project activities with the IT project team members and business owners / stakeholders.
- Create, manage, and update project charters, schedules, risk management plans, communication plans, project budgets, gate reviews, and all other project management documentation.
- Work with project team members and management to secure resources and funding.
- Coordinate closely with project stakeholders to define project scopes and schedules. Collaborate with these stakeholders to understand business needs, processes, and data sources. Work with business analysts and architects to translate these business needs into clearly documented-detailed requirements and functional specifications.
- Provide regular status updates and maintain relevant metrics to provide transparency on team performance.
- Manage vendors and hold them accountable for their delivery activities.
- Identify and coordinate cross-project dependencies.
- Communicate with executive leadership to provide project risk analysis, status, and requirements that may impact strategic direction.
- Ensure that projects comply with audit requirements.
- Complete additional projects and assignments as needed.
- 5+ years of project management experience for complex application and data integration projects.
- Detailed knowledge of project management and software development life cycle methodologies.
- Candidate has experience managing mid-sized to large IT integration projects, independently.
- Career experience within Commercial Insurance is desired.
- Possess facilitation skills with an ability to effectively manage cross-functional team discussions.
- Strong management skills with an ability to achieve results in a matrix management environment.
- Candidate can translate business needs into IT deliverables.
- Able to successfully apply waterfall, agile, and hybrid project-delivery methodologies.
- Possess multi-disciplinary information technology knowledge with proven systems deployment experience.
- Experience using Project and Portfolio Management tools (MS Project, Planview, SharePoint, etc.)
- Possess expertise in all aspects of requirements and testing processes
- Candidate is detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- Possess strong analytical and managerial abilities.
- Candidate has strong business planning and prioritization skills.
- Be able to handle multiple priorities and proactively identify risks to project timelines.
- Candidate has excellent written & verbal (business) communications skills.
- Able to work across organizational boundaries and can bring people together with diverse perspectives to find solutions.
- Possess personal time-management skills with the ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
- Team player who can work well with technical and business resources.
- To work with a company that is financially stable and reliable, the company has ambitious plans for development. Our main customers are American insurance companies, it allows us to feel safe and protected on the financial side;
- Health insurance;
- Pharmacy benefits with mail order options;
- Tuition Reimbursement & Professional Qualification benefits
- Competitive paid-time-off programs, including company-paid holidays
- Tax-Free Commuter Benefit
- Possibility to work in a comfortable office (Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO; Conshohocken, PA;Jacksonville, IL; Lenexa, KS; Los Angeles, CA; Lubbock, TX; Mt Juliet, TN;);
- Competitive salary;
- Collaborative friendly team environment.