Virtuace on behalf of our client — American insurance company is looking for an Infrastructure Automation Engineer to join our team. Client is a global specialty provider of property and casualty insurance and reinsurance that has more than $110 billion USD in total assets along with $17 billion USD in net assets.
This role will be responsible for automating repeatable processes in public cloud and on-premise datacenter environments, to improve process efficiencies. This role will be responsible for developing, documenting, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing automation workflows.
- Develop, test, and validate PowerShell scripts as part of automation workflows. Then, maintain source control for change management.
- Work with team members to evaluate automation workflow needs and requirements.
- Participate in IT projects, and facilitate the development of automation workflows outlined in the Project Plan(under direction by the Project Manager), at whatever level of effort or participation that has been defined for them.
- Review, improve, and maintain technical documentation for automation workflows for administration, security, and emergency management teams.
- Prevent, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve automation runbook errors.
- Maintain strict change control of the automation infrastructure.
- Continuously identify and report areas of improvement in the automation arena and implement improvements when approved.
- Provide utmost effort on a task until completion, to ensure business automation workflows remain available 24/7.
- Build, monitor, and maintain JAMS Enterprise Scheduler and System Center Orchestrator environments.
- Develop integrations between infrastructure systems for data analysis and reporting through REST API calls.
- Manage and maintain Azure Logic Apps and Azure CLI scripts, including secure credential management using Azure Key Vaults.
- Contribute to ongoing research and evaluation of new technologies.
- Responsible for completing other work requirements or tasks which IT management may request. The purpose is to meet the goals and objectives of the department and/or organization.
- Excellent technical skills including, yet not limited to Microsoft Operating Systems Server 2012. Including runbooks, JSON Scripting, ARM template creation, and REST API.
- Linux scripting experience is desirable.
- Experience with System Center Orchestrator 2012, or later, preferred.
- Experience with JAMS Enterprise Manager preferred.
- Subject matter expertise is required in Microsoft PowerShell scripting.
- The candidate has a strong background in an Infrastructure environment with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Candidate can multitask and prioritize workloads within a team environment.
- Very strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a keen sense of attention to detail.
- Possess the quality of a systematic thinker.
- Has an aptitude for continuous learning with a professional goal to expand knowledge and experience.
- The candidate has the ability to multitask while ensuring the highest quality of work is maintained.
- Establish a good working relationship with customers and other IT group members.
- Able to work independently within established policies and procedures, in addition to routine tasks.
- Administration experience is preferred.
- To work with a company which is financially stable and reliable, the company has ambitious plans for development. Our main customers are American insurance companies, it allows us to feel safe and protected on the financial side;
stability in payments;
- You will be working with a stable American product and we don`t have a bench;
- Health insurance;
- English classes (online) and speaking club with native speakers;
- Possibility of remote work;
- Competitive salary;
- Collaborative friendly team environment.