Virtuace on behalf of our client — American insurance company is looking for a Guidewire ClaimCenter Developer to join our team. Client is a global specialty provider of property and casualty insurance and reinsurance that has more than $110 billion USD in total assets along with $17 billion USD in net assets.
• 3 years of experience with Guidewire ClaimCenter and at least one full product implementation. GL or PL experience strongly preferred;
• Expertise in Guidewire APIs, GX Model and Product Models;
• Java development experience;
• Minimum 3 years Guidewire Integration experience;
• Knowledge of Guidewire integration concept: Batch Processing, Message Queues and Event Processing;
• Knowledge of commercial property and casualty insurance preferred;
• Knowledge of secure software development;
• Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts;
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Strong initiative; able to self-manage. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work through it to get the right things done;
• Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance;
• Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
Plan, design, develop, modify, debug and evaluate complex software for technical and integration areas of the Guidewire ClaimCenter implementation including the following activities:
• Communicate regularly with the business analyst to interpret, clarify and plan for the implementation of user stories;
• Propose integration solutions and estimate integration effort required for user story requirements;
• Develop integration solutions including Batch processes, Message Queues, Workflows and Event Messaging and Message Queues;
• Develop integration solutions with 3rd party solutions / systems;
• Knowledge of XML, JSON and SQL;
• Creating new data model elements and extending the existing applications data model with new properties;
• Managing application configuration and performing minor/major software upgrades;
• Establish and execute traceable unit and integration tests (automated as to be agreed);
• Execute the development & ensure successful completion of assigned user stories for each sprint;
• Understand and apply industry practices, architectural standards and department policies and procedures relating to work assignments.
• To work with a company which is financially stable and reliable, company has ambitious plans for development. Our main customers are American insurance companies, it allows us to feel safe and protected on the financial side;
• English classes (online) and speaking-club with native speakers;
• Possibility of remote work;
• Competitive salary;
• Collaborative friendly team environment.