• Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
• 10+ years in IT field with 7+ years within Guidewire Claims Center in Integration / Configuration Development roles is required.
• Prior technical leadership experience in Guidewire Claims Center delivering at least 2 end-to-end Claims product implementations within Commercial Insurance space — is required.
• Prior Technical Lead role with an ownership of Guidewire Claims Center production environment is required. This includes end-to-end support of the Guidewire Claims Center eco-system.
• Technical management experience managing onshore / offshore staff with teams between
• Prior experience managing multiple Claims Center Development teams is required. The role is expected to oversee multiple technical tracks / implementation teams along with the maintenance track.
• Guidewire Claims Center Certification is highly preferred.
• Experience with Scrum or other Agile development methodologies is required.
• Proven experience defining technology roadmaps and establishing an execution plan for Claims platforms, integrations and services.
• Experience in P&C insurance is required (Commercial Insurance is preferred).
• Has the ability to work with business partners and articulate technical trends/concepts and design/implementation considerations.
• Strong skills in problem solving, resource and portfolio planning and budgeting
• Solid financial acumen, able to construct sound business plans and effectively execute against them within planned budget and established timelines with high quality.
• Oversee Claims Center Development Teams with responsibility over designing, developing and delivering new Commercial Insurance and Reinsurance products as well as supporting / maintaining a highly available and performing production environment.
• Plan, control and oversee engineering staffing needs across project and maintenance portfolios.
• In working with Project Management and Business Architecture / Analysis and Product teams, manage scoping, sizing, planning, development, implementation, and support for projects within the Claims portfolio
• Representing the Claims Technology teams, establish strong business relationships with key customers, IT groups and vendors.
• Collaborate with Business Analysis, Product, Operations and Testing groups in testing Claims applications to business and IT defined quality metrics, and functional and non-functional KPIs.
• Responsible for managing, maintaining, and supporting Claims Center platform and Claims services in line with SLAs within production and non-production environments.
• Responsible for ensuring that unit and functional tests are integrated into solutions and are part of CI/CD pipelines, with high level of code coverage.
• Responsible for ensuring that proper branching methodologies are implemented for flexibility and agility with delivery — supporting multiple development tracks.
• Responsible for the overall support of Claims Center eco-system, including integrations for Policy, Financial and CRM systems as well as integrations with bureaus, 3rd party vendors and other service providers.
• Manage and maintain the technical / solution documentation including architecture diagrams, sequence diagrams, deployment diagrams and production runbooks.
• Manage production applications to KPIs and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network, and application.
• Manage, maintain and govern engineering standards around security, secure-coding, logging, alerting, build, deployment and integrations.
• Specific technical responsibilities to include:
o Expert level hands-on experience with XML, GUnit, Jenkins, GIT/Subversion/TFS, Code Coverage and Code Scan Plugin / Tools (Sonarqube, Netsparker, etc.) and frameworks
o Expertise in Guidewire APIs, GX Model and Product Models
o GW Claims Center Integration experience is required. The role will have technical ownership of dozens of internal and external integrations.
o Hands-on experience and deep knowledge with Apache Tomcat or similar application servers. 5+ years hands-on experience working with J2EE, Tomcat, XML/Web Services/ RDBMS (SQL Server preferred).
o Hands-on experience and expertise with Java and GOSU programming, and strong fundamentals with OODD.
o Strong hands-on development experience with Batch Processes, Message Queues and Event Messaging within Guidewire Claims Center.
o Technical experience with product migrations / conversion is required — by developing migration utilities leveraging Claims Center APIs.
o Experience with DevSecOps and establishing and managing CI/CD pipelines for Claims build / deployments.
o Experience with production data fix utilities is required.
o To work with company which is financially stable and reliable, we dont have staff cut or salary cut, on the contrary- our company is growing and developing. As our main customers are American insurance companies, it allows us to feel safe and protected on financial side;
o English classes (online) and speaking-club with native speakers;
o Possibility of remote work;
o Competitive salary;
o Сollaborative friendly team environment.
Virtuace on behalf of our client — American insurance company is seeking a Guidewire Claims Center —Technical Lead to manage the enterprise Claims platforms and services for Insurance and Reinsurance products. This includes ownership of the technology direction, solution design, delivery and support for all Claims applications and products across the
The candidate is a hands-on senior Claims Center Technical Lead who has grown through the ranks with experience managing