• Candidate should have:
o Managed a majority of projects from start to close;
o Managed project financial costs, including preparing financial forecasts, reconciling invoices, and timekeeping;
o Increasing accountability within candidates project management career;
• 10 years or more IT industry experience( P&C Insurance industry experience will be a plus);
• Candidate should be an advanced user of MS Project, experienced with how to manage plans that contain auto-scheduled, effort-driven tasks;
• Demonstrates expert-levels of capability in all project management competencies, including: planning, executing, monitoring and controlling of IT projects;
• Experience managing vendors, requesting, and executing SOWs;
• Demonstrates appropriate sense of urgency to meet project deadlines and pushes the team to ensure timeliness;
• Active PMP or equivalent certification preferred. In lieu of certification, substantial Senior Project Management experience required;
• Upper-intermediate or Advanced level of English.
• Takes direct accountability for project delivery from project start to finish, inclusive of scope, schedule, cost, and deliverables;
• Manages multiple IT projects simultaneously;
• Manages stakeholders and multiple teams within the context of a single project in a matrixed organization;
• Collaborates closely with IT and business subject matter experts to understand the purpose of the project and proposed deliverables;
• Maintains and reconciles project costs as per the financial forecast in the project financial system. Investigates and resolves variances between forecasted project cost and actual costs. Proactively utilizes project change control to adjust approved spend amounts;
• Reconciles and approves project team time cards from time card system weekly. Investigates and resolves variances between planned time and actual hours reported on time cards;
• Proactively identifies, manages and communicates risks, assumptions, issues, and decisions. Controls impact of these events to project outcomes;
• Organizes and facilitates project communications (meetings and reports) with project resources, business stakeholders and sponsors of various levels within the organization as defined in project’s Communication Management plan and PPM processes;
• Actively participates and/or leads business system acceptance by providing support with test planning and test scenario development, as needed;
• Monitors and controls post-implementation acceptance of the project; manages support activities for the new solution for at least 30 business days (warranty period);
• Accurately closes project by preparing a Project Close Summary Report and completing project plan in PPM tool;
• Coordinates with vendors and suppliers as needed and defined in the statement of work.
• To work with a company which is financially stable and reliable, company has ambitious plans for development. Our main customers are American insurance companies, it allows us to feel safe and protected on the financial side;
• Health insurance;
• English classes (online) and speaking-club with native speakers;
• Possibility of remote work;
• Competitive salary;
• Collaborative friendly team environment.
Virtuace on behalf of our client — American insurance company is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our team.
Client is a global specialty provider of property and casualty insurance and reinsurance that has more than $110 billion USD in total assets along with $17 billion USD in net assets.