Cloud Engineer will help evolve team-specific AWS environments, strengthen a cloud-based development cycle, facilitate large data flows between an on-premise network and the cloud, work with multiple stakeholders to standardize firm-wide utilization of cloud resources, and help with deployment via Terraform or similar tools. Members of the Core Infrastructure Services team are dedicated to providing reliable, flexible services which are utilized by the entire firm for many business-critical activities. A successful candidate will be able establish and build an infrastructure-as-code (IAC) repository and be quickly responsive to teammates request and work closely with colleagues in information security and infrastructure.
- Manage multiple AWS environments spanning teams, support development, and work with counterparts across the firm to unify cloud engineering efforts.
- Integrate services and access routes in a data intensive hybrid cloud environment.
- Create, improve, and fully automate CI/CD development cycles.
- Gather business and technical requirements and specify solutions for projects that consolidate data management under a firm-wide structure.
- Provide recommendations and create demonstration examples of hybrid cloudtechnology solutions for data engineering.
- Stay abreast of new developments in the areas of cloud technology, services, and networking.
- Work with vendors and vendor solutions to evaluate products, produce recommendations for the firm, and educate internal clients.
- 5+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services, with exposure to other cloud vendors such as Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure.
- A strong command of infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, and related technologies.
- Proficient with containerization and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes within a Linux environment.
- Proficient with at least one back-end programming language such as Python, Java, Ruby, or NodeJS.
- Experience with automation in the cloud, in addition to services used inloosely coupled serverless architectures, such as Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, and DynamoDB.
- Experience with establishing highly-available and fault-tolerant big data environments in the cloud, leveraging both NoSQL and RDMS technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, PostgreSQL, potentially orchestrated with cloud-based management tools such as EMR, Athena, and RDS.
- Able to implement systems with a security-first mindset, adhering to firm-wide security policies, and best practice implementations; proficiency with cloud-based security tools such as IAM and KMS is required.
- Deep understanding of AWS’s suite of tools and services for data management and pipelining, including VPC, EMR, S3, RDS, Kinesis, Glue, Redshift, Data Pipeline, etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based data analytics solutions such as Databricks, and Snowflake.
- Working knowledge of networking in hybrid cloud environments.
- Must work well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and have strong work ethic and initiative.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and documentation/knowledge management skills.
- To work with company which is financially stable and reliable, we dont have staff cut or salary cut, on the contrary- our company is growing and developing. As our main customers are American insurance companies, it allows us to feel safe and protected on financial side;
- Health insurance;
- English classes (online) and speaking-club with native speakers;
- Possibility of remote work;
- Competitive salary;
- Collaborative friendly team environment.