As one of Berlin’s fastest growing SaaS scaleups, Vimcar is redefining business mobility. By combining live car data and a set of cloud-based applications, we offer real-time insight into vehicle activity to help our customers reduce the operational costs for their fleets.
By serving SMB’s to large enterprises in DACH and the UK, Vimcar already has 100,000+ connected cars. Headquartered in Berlin, more than 200 employees from 28+ countries are working towards our mission to build Europe’s leading fleet tech company.
Important information regarding COVID-19: the safety of our employees is very important to us. Therefore, you can expect the application process, as well as the start of your employment with us to be remote until further notice.
You are a Senior Frontend Engineer, passionate about working with React.js and with a good UI/UX understanding. In this role, you are an essential part of one of our cross-functional development teams and support us in crafting cutting-edge, cloud-based applications within our high-load event-based connected fleet ecosystem.
- You work closely with your team and a dedicated product manager to build and evolve our growing frontend web-applications to provide the best possible UX while we quickly grow our user base.
- In collaboration with our backend developers, you participate in the definition of RESTful APIs to build & operate new features for our fleet and logbook customers.
- You deploy code to production, relying on our highly automated continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure.
- You share your knowledge and get involved in code reviews.
THE TECH STACK
- With a strict MVVM architecture and clearly defined patterns, we focus on building things.
- With static typing, we can develop features with confidence. It makes our applications scalable and maintainable.
- We work with Functional-Reactive-Programming using Rx.js — whereas MobX is very much an object-oriented library, giving us both performance and ease of development.
- API-first! All clients communicate with our backend via RESTful, JSON-based APIs, documented by OpenAPI/Swagger.
- We maintain high quality with extensive unit tests. We also implement end-to-end testing with cypress.io.
- Without exception: All deployments are fully automated and based on Docker or AWS Lambda.
- 5+ years of experience in frontend development for web applications
- Experience with state management (MobX, Redux or similar)
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins or similar)
- You have a strong affinity for UX and have proven to show ownership in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Business fluent in English
- At Vimcar, you can take an established StartUp through its most exciting growth period with significant VC backing. We established a subscription business model centred around complex products within the evolving B2B SaaS industry.
- Quick, sustainable growth & secure funding
- Agile work environment with flat hierarchies and an international team
- Modern tech stack solving complex user problems
- Permanent full-time position with flexible work hours and a company laptop
- Access to company carsharing, fresh fruit and free drinks around the office, frequent company events, and a variety of other perks, including a membership with Urban Sports Club.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you. Let us get to know you better, and let’s find out together if we’ll make a great match! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We’re happy to help!