As one of Berlin’s fastest growing SaaS scaleups, Vimcar is redefining business mobility. By combining live car data and a set of cloud-based applications, we offer real-time insight into vehicle activity to help our customers reduce the operational costs for their fleets.
By serving SMB’s to large enterprises in DACH and the UK, Vimcar already has 100,000+ connected cars. Headquartered in Berlin, more than 200 employees from 28+ countries are working towards our mission to build Europe’s leading fleet tech company.
Important information regarding COVID-19: the safety of our employees is very important to us. Therefore, you can expect the application process, as well as the start of your employment with us to be remote until further notice.
In this position, you would be an essential part of one of Vimcar’s seven software engineering teams. You would collaborate closely with our product teams, and backend developers across our engineering teams, to support us in crafting cutting-edge, cloud-based applications within our high-load event-based connected fleet ecosystem.
- Within your team, you maintain and evolve our growing web-applications while we quickly grow our user base.
- In collaboration with other engineering teams, you design and evolve RESTful APIs, which serve our mobile and web clients as well as external partners.
- You deploy code to production, relying on our highly automated continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure.
- You act as a sparring partner for our product team to define what is and is not possible, and advise regarding which services are responsible for features on the road map.
- You share your knowledge and get involved in code reviews.
THE TECH STACK
- Most of our applications are written in Python, based on proven frameworks and platforms like Flask & Celery.
- We focus on the application layer! Our cloud-native Service-Oriented-Architecture is making use of managed AWS services like RDS, DynamoDB, ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS or Kinesis.
- API-first! All clients communicate with our backend via RESTful, JSON-based APIs, fully documented by OpenAPI/Swagger.
- Without exception: All deployments are fully automated and based on Docker or AWS Lambda.
- Data goes where it is handled most efficiently. We rely on PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Redis and ElasticSearch.
- 3+ years of experience in building and operating web applications
- Strong Python knowledge, and experience with common frameworks and libraries such as Flask, Celery, FastAPI or similar.
- Experience with scalable applications and the concepts of service-oriented or microservices architectures
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB (or similar)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with AWS (or any other Cloud provider)
- Initiative, ownership & curiosity
- Full English proficiency
- [BONUS] Experience with event based systems and data streams
- [BONUS] Preference towards mindful refactoring
- [BONUS] Experience with CQRS, DDD, and Event Sourcing
- At Vimcar, you can take an established ScaleUp through its most exciting growth period with significant VC backing. We established a subscription business model centred around complex products within the evolving B2B SaaS industry.
- Quick, sustainable growth & secure funding
- Agile and cooperative work environment with flat hierarchies and an international team
- Modern tech stack solving complex user problems
- Permanent full-time position with flexible work hours and a company laptop
- Access to company carsharing, fresh fruit and free drinks around the office, frequent company events, and a variety of other perks, including a membership with Urban Sports Club
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you. Let us get to know you better, and let’s find out together if we’ll make a great match! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We’re happy to help!