At Very Good Security (“VGS”) we are on a mission to protect the world’s sensitive data- and we’d love to have you along for this journey.
VGS was founded by highly successful repeat entrepreneurs, and is backed by world-class investors like Goldman Sachs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Visa. We are building an amazing global team spread across multiple continents. As a young and growing company, we are laser-focused on delighting our customers and hiring talented and entrepreneurial-minded individuals.
Who we are looking for:
VGS Platform Engineering team is looking for an experienced candidate for our Services team to build and manage our Internal Vault, APIs, and critical backend services. The Platform Services team is central to the success of VGS.
What you get to do:
- Engage in all phases of the software lifecycle- design, implement, test, deploy, and support services in production.
- Maintain a culture of code quality through rigorous testing, automation, and code reviews.
- Be proactive and innovative- we rely on your feedback to build a world-class product.
- Be a part of a team that believes in the core values of transparency, collaboration, grit, and humility; in going above and beyond what is required in order to do the right thing for our customers and the company; and in having fun while doing all this!
What you need to have:
- 3+ years of software development experience — ideally in a SaaS/Product development company
- Good knowledge of Python/Flask/SqlAlchemy, DBMS(PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge and practical experience with Docker and AWS stack: EC2, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools (such as CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.).
- Ability to work independently to deliver well-designed, high-quality code on time.
- English — upper-intermediate / advanced
- Ability to work during EEST (Eastern European Time Zones)
What is nice to have:
- Knowledge of Java/Spring/Spring Boot
- Understanding and hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- Understanding and practical knowledge of continuous integration/delivery methods
- Open source projects on GitHub
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience successfully working with distributed teams across different time zones
What’s in it for you
- 3 weeks of paid vacation and 2 weeks of days off+sick leaves;
- Hackers’ days;
- Corporate retreats;
- Paid lunches and parking;
- Covering professional learning: conferences, trainings, and other events;
- Sports activities compensation;
- English Speaking Club with native speakers;
- Yearly bonus;
- VGS Stock options.