We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with an equal flair for creative problem solving, technologies enthusiasm, and desire to contribute to product development. You will be working in a team to build brand-new products in the payment industry. We need a highly skilled engineer who can work day to day with our backend codebase, work on the Infrastructure side of our services and collaborate with other teams and departments to achieve our goals and deliver quality products.
- Build high quality backend systems and public facing APIs within a team for our new payment optimization products;
- Work on deployment and stability of our services by following standards of VGS Engineering;
- Engage in all phases of the software lifecycle- design, implement, test, deploy, and support services in production, including on-call shifts;
- Maintain a culture of code quality through rigorous testing, automation, and code reviews;
- Be proactive and innovative — we rely on your feedback to build a world-class product;
- Be a part of a team that believes in the core values of transparency, collaboration, grit, and humility; in going above and beyond what is required in order to do the right thing for our customers and the company; and in having fun while doing all this!
- 5+ years of software development experience- ideally in a SaaS/product development company.
- Expert knowledge of Java
- Experience working with Python
- Experience working with CI/CD tools (such as CircleCI, GitOps, ArgoCD etc.).
- Ability to work independently to deliver well-designed, high-quality code on time.
- Understanding and practical experience in automated testing.
- Practical experience working with Docker.
- English — upper-intermediate / advanced
Would be a plus:
- Experience with the AWS stack, especially RDS, EKS, EC2, Kinesis, Lambda;
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes and Helm;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience successfully working with distributed teams across time zones;
- Comfortable working in roles that at times may be customer-facing;
- Open source projects on GitHub;
What you get from us:
- Competitive medical health benefits
- 3 weeks of paid vacation and 2 weeks of days off+sick leaves
- Hacker’s days
- Paid lunches
- Professional learning: conferences, trainings, and other events
- Sports activities compensation
- English Speaking Club
- VGS stock options
- Mental Health Support Program