We’re looking for a strong Senior Full Stack Engineer with an equal flair for creative problem solving, technologies enthusiasm, and desire to contribute to product development. We need a highly skilled engineer who can work day to day with our backend/frontend codebase, work on the Infrastructure side of our services, and collaborate with other teams and departments to achieve our goals and deliver quality products.
VGS is a large ecosystem of services that communicate with each other reliably and securely. The Ecosystem team is responsible for the several parts of VGS Platform such as Identity and Access Management (with features of AuthN, AuthZ, RBAC, SSO, MFA and others), Developer Tools (VGS CLI and several major API’s) and new provisioning system which allows on-demand deployments for our customers. Join our team to become a major influencer for building the VGS Platform.
70% Backend, 30% Frontend
- Build high quality backend systems and APIs for VGS Platform products;
- Work on deployment and stability of our services by following standards of VGS Engineering;
- Develop UI for team products, interactive docs, and collaborate with the rest of the frontend engineering team as well as product management and design;
- Support and improve Identity and Access Management infrastructure;
- Engage in all phases of the software lifecycle- design, implement, test, deploy, and support services in production, including on-call shifts;
- Maintain a culture of code quality through rigorous testing, automation, and code reviews;
- Be proactive and innovative — we rely on your feedback to build a world-class product;
- Be a part of a team that believes in the core values of transparency, collaboration, grit, and humility; in going above and beyond what is required in order to do the right thing for our customers and the company; and in having fun while doing all this!
- 5+ years of software development experience- ideally in a SaaS/product development company.
- Expert knowledge of Java and Spring
- Proven experience with at least one JS framework — preferably React.js.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools (such as CircleCI, Jenkins, ArgoCD etc.).
- Ability to work independently to deliver well-designed, high-quality code on time.
- Understanding and practical experience in automated testing.
- Practical experience working with Docker.
- English — upper intermediate / advanced
Would be a plus:
- Experience with the AWS stack, especially RDS, EKS, EC2, Kinesis, Lambda;
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes and Helm;
- Knowledge of API security, OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect and related frameworks.
- Working with systems like Auth0, Keycloak, Okta, OneLogin, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience successfully working with distributed teams across time zones;
- Comfortable working in roles that at times may be customer-facing;
What you get from us:
- Competitive medical health benefits
- 3 weeks of paid vacation and 2 weeks of days off+sick leaves
- Hacker’s days
- Paid lunches
- Professional learning: conferences, trainings, and other events
- Sports activities compensation
- English Speaking Club
- VGS stock options
- Mental Health Support Program