Veramed prides itself on two key areas: providing the highest quality statistics and programming consultancy for its clients, and giving its employees an industry leading working environment with support and training for career growth.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior or Principal level Statistical Programmer to join us on a permanent basis in Ukraine. We can offer home and/or office working, training and support and a competitive package.
The purpose of the role is to provide programming support to the statistics and programming department across a range of projects, clients and therapeutic areas. The Senior or Principal Programmer may also perform a supervisory role (e.g. line management and/or project management)
The job tasks listed below outline the scope of the position. The application of these tasks may vary, based on current business needs.
- Perform review of clinical trial documents including protocols, SAPs, CRFs, CSRs.
- Author, review and approve study TFL shells and dataset specifications.
- Author, validate and document SAS programs for datasets, TFLs and macros, applying good programming practice.
- Identify data issues and outliers.
- Complete, review and approve CDISC Validation tool reports.
- Identify data and standards issues and resolve or escalate as appropriate.
- Awareness of emerging standards and associated impact to ongoing and future planned trials.
- Maintain proficiency in SAS and awareness of developments.
- Maintain study master file documents and any other documents that are required to be audit ready.
- Line management of statisticians, programmers and other technical staff. Accountable for overall performance of direct reports.
- Provide coaching and mentoring of staff to achieve “excellence”. Direct employee career development and ensure line reports receive appropriate training to perform their day-to-day jobs.
- Interview and effectively on-board and integrate new staff members.
- Provide programming technical leadership and coaching.
Oversight of key client projects/portfolios. To include:
- Being Veramed Project Manager on client accounts and projects.
- Maintain the project plan.
- Proactive management of resource, scope change and risks.
- Manage the delivery of projects to budget.
- Manage client expectations and issue resolution.
- Lead internal and client study, project and cross-functional team meetings effectively.
- Present study updates internally and at client meetings.
- Share scientific, technical and practical knowledge within the team and with colleagues.
- Perform work in full compliance with applicable internal and client policies, procedures, processes and training.
- Build effective collaborative working relationships with internal and client team members.
- Ensure learnings are shared across projects or studies.
- Develop and provide internal technical training where appropriate.
- Lead process improvement initiatives.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- BSc, MSc or PhD in numerical discipline (or relevant equivalent industry experience).
- At least 4 years of relevant industry experience.
Other Information/ Additional Requirements
- Understanding of clinical drug development process, relevant disease areas, endpoints and study designs.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A warm, friendly working environment in which to thrive both personally and professionally.
- A supportive, open-door management policy that will aid in your development and provide you with the tools to take your career to the next level.
- A truly unique CRO that’s doing something different when it comes to managing staff, projects and building relationships in the industry.
- The ability to own your role and develop your skills and experience.