The USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is seeking a Project Office Lead to assist and support the establishment of a Reforms Project Office with specific goals and deliverables within the first year of establishing the organization. The Project Office Lead will assist with the targeted recruitment of experts to meet the technical, management, and administrative needs of the office, in addition to facilitating and supporting communication with key stakeholders in order to reach key activity milestones and key performance indicators (KPIs). Crucially, the role will also entail support in establishing standard practices and policies for a new Cyber Center, as well as developing organizational, training, and technical plan, among other key considerations in various technical areas of the broader team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the team in establishing specific goals and reaching set deliverables on time.
- Support communication with various teams across the organization to get related information and perform analysis.
- Oversee activities and tasks and ensure that they are completed on time and within budget.
- Support team members to report on key metrics related to activities/task status.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, external suppliers / contractors / consultants as required for project delivery.
- Develop or establish relationships with international partner organizations
- Ensure all project risks and issues are tracked and escalated to the correct forums, as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience:
- An advanced degree in public policy or administration, international relations, political science, computer science, information systems, or other relevant field, and at least five years of experience working on programs of similar technical scope; or a Bachelor’s degree and at least seven years of years of experience working on programs of similar technical scope;
- Experience of serving as a technical leader on cybersecurity, digital policy, telecommunications and network technologies, capacity building or related topics.
- Experience of building relationships with and working with government officials, critical infrastructure operators, and other stakeholders.
- Experience of managing a diverse group of stakeholders to deliver on project objectives
- Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools
- Experience of managing and mentoring staff.
- Previous experience of working on projects of similar technical scope in Ukraine preferred.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English, knowledge of Russian.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to UkraineCCI_Recruitment@dai.com and submit both CVs and cover letters in English. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.