We’re looking for a motivated, energetic Ruby developer to join our team.
More about us:
We’re a friendly and welcoming team who are passionate about our craft and the privilege we have of empowering our customers with a product that is absolutely essential to their business.
More About You:
You’re passionate about Ruby on Rails and intimately familiar with all parts of the Rails stack. As a developer, you have a passion for testing, best-practices, consistency, and code quality. You can take a problem, break it down, and work with a team to deliver a solution.
Who you are:
• You have half a year of commercial working experience;
• You have deep knowledge in engineering fundamentals (including knowledge of algorithms and data structures);
• You have experience with Ruby on Rails (4 and 5);
• You are proficient with SQL usage;
• You are familiar with OOP principles, design patterns;
• You have experience in building REST APIs;
• You are familiar with Git, Docker, Capistrano;
• You are able to write unit and integration tests with RSpec;
• You have at least Intermediate English (both written and spoken).
What we offer:
• Competitive salary depends on your qualification;
• Flexible schedule with the opportunity to work remotely: 8 hours per day depending on your biorhythms (without fixed start of your working day);
• Stock options in our fast-growing company;
• Paid vacation (29 working days off per year) and sick leaves (10 working days per year);
• Registering as a private entrepreneur („ФОП”, managed by our accountant);
• Educational bonus;
• Individual benefit ($200 per person to spend on traveling, insurance, gym, driving school, etc. per year);
• English lessons and speaking clubs at our office;
• Sports activities (football team, race nation team, table tennis team)
• Regular teambuildings and parties;
• Cozy office in the city center with a relax zone.
What you will do:
• Write clean, maintainable and efficient Ruby code;
• Deliver high-quality web products;
• Create new features and components of services;
• Fix bugs;
• Collaborate with the development team;
• Participate in meetings with customers and sprint planning.
Uptech is a Ukrainian Design and Development outsourcing company, focusing on full-cycle product development: from user research to release. Uptech is a team of 50+ creators and professionals, who are united by a solid mission: creating an inspiring work environment so that we build great products together that improve the world.
Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions related to Ruby Developer position:
1.How many projects can be in the process simultaneously?
2.How big is your Backend team? There are 8 specialists for now.
3.What about the hiring process? CV and GitHub check, quick phone call,
4.I’m interested. What is the next stage? Use the button below to upload your CV and GitHub link.